Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: rear night sight question -- one versus two dots

I really like the standard post and dot sights on Sig pistols. I think Sig calls them contrast. I seem to be in the minority in my fondness of them over three dot sights. Before I knew any better I put of XS big dots on a G30 in an attempt to get the same sight picture with tritium for low light situations. That didn't work out so well.

Can someone point me in the direction of a tritium version of the standard Sig sights? Something suitable for CC?

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    That was seriously one of the best ideas I've encountered in a long time. I had grown frustrated with most sight configurations, including black sharpied rears... ending up with the Ameriglo Pro front and plain black rear. But, this may inspire me to try out some Trijicon HDs + red sharpie.

You may want to try the Ameriglo Pro Glo front with the Pro Operator rear.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    You may want to try the Ameriglo Pro Glo front with the Pro Operator rear.
    Thanks, I'll check them out. It seems much harder to find Ameriglo sights I desire for the M&P, but I'll see what I can dig up.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Does Tooltech (Trijicon) not do it?
    I called them about a year ago and they said since it was a Novak sight, not one of theirs, they wouldn't. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try them again, though.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I find red Sharpie works more gooder for me, dims the green tritium to a useful level and gives a different color to the rear dots even in the dark. ...snip...
    I too am stealing this bit of genius to call my own!

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    I've used them all and my preference is a horizontal bar rear with a frong-sight dot combo followed by 3-Dot. In fact, if anyone knows someplace that can replace the horizontal bar on my Novak rear sight (they apparently no longer offer them) I'd appreciate the information.

You might try http://www.amerigunusa.com. If they don't offer it they can do all type of custom sightwork with tritium. I've had them do a project for me and were happy with their work and working with them.

Thanks, I'll check them out.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    I find red Sharpie works more gooder for me, dims the green tritium to a useful level and gives a different color to the rear dots even in the dark.

After a great deal of experimentation, including no tritium on the rear, single dot, XS sights, I ended up with Ameriglo sights with the green trit/ornage paint front and "Pro operator" rear with no paint and yellow tritium. Best of everything for me. Faster and more accurate both in daylight and in the dark.
    tpd223 do you do the red sharpie trick to the yellow tritium ameriglo rears even thought they are already a different color. The sights you have are the exact setup I want and very curious.

I like two dots on the rear, but probably only for the familiarity of them. I've played with single dots setups but not done a lot of deliberate work.

I'd like to see a set of Trijicon HDs with a luminescent white outline rear ala Glock OEM polymer. Make it dimmer, else it compete with the front sight, but I think that would work well.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    tpd223 do you do the red sharpie trick to the yellow tritium ameriglo rears even thought they are already a different color. The sights you have are the exact setup I want and very curious.
    Obviously I'm not TPD but I do. It just darkens them enough to draw my eye to the front sight a little better.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

User Tag List