Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liquipel: Anyone tried it?

Looks like vapor phase silane treatment to me.

If so, this is similar chemistry to RainX.

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    third product: aridion.
    Wasn't that guy in LOTR?
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by derekb View Post
    Unless they're disassembling the device to coat everything inside and out, there are holes in the phone through which water can enter. Headphone jack, speaker and microphone grilles, the definitely-not-watertight battery compartment cover. I don't believe that a surface coat is going to be quite so effective as their marketing claims. This might help, but I wouldn't bet on it being a miracle.
    You really didn't pay attention at all. Watch the video before commenting. Holes have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    You really didn't pay attention at all. Watch the video before commenting. Holes have nothing to do with it.
    I watched the video. I am skeptical that their coating is as good as they claim.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

I watched the video. I am skeptical that their coating is as good as they claim.
    Good as they claim or not, holes have nothing to do with the efficacy of the product.

The use of hot chicks acting giddy with each other definitely gives me confidence in their product.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    Good as they claim or not, holes have nothing to do with the efficacy of the product.
    I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. The trouble with water damage isn't when it hits the surface of a phone. It's when it gets inside the phone and shorts components on PCBs or sits in electromechanical components, such as speakers/microphones and switches. If they're not disassembling the phone to thoroughly coat the electronics, then if water finds its way inside, then there's still a good risk of failure. There are entry points that will not be blocked by any sort of coating, and I don't believe that simply placing the whole phone in the magic chamber will sufficiently protect the internals.

I could be wrong, sure, but I don't have any real evidence, beyond a marketing video, to allay my suspicions.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. The trouble with water damage isn't when it hits the surface of a phone. It's when it gets inside the phone and shorts components on PCBs or sits in electromechanical components, such as speakers/microphones and switches. If they're not disassembling the phone to thoroughly coat the electronics, then if water finds its way inside, then there's still a good risk of failure. There are entry points that will not be blocked by any sort of coating, and I don't believe that simply placing the whole phone in the magic chamber will sufficiently protect the internals.

I could be wrong, sure, but I don't have any real evidence, beyond a marketing video, to allay my suspicions.
    o.O

They take off the rear cover and keep it in water, and you're talking about blocking entry points?

It's meant to cover the circuit boards, not be a shell water can't get through. You missed the whole point of the product...

User Tag List