Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: When Kalifornians fall....and crawl to Texas...

When Kalifornians fall....and crawl to Texas...

I love when a group of people vote like a bunch of populists and then realize that they can no longer live with their choices....leaving the poor behind, whom they intended to help with their populist rhetoric.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...182914961.html
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Our corporate office relocated from CA to TX last year, mostly for tax reasons I believe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just remember that many of the people leaving California are still pretty liberal for TX, and they vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemsoldier View Post
    Just remember that many of the people leaving California are still pretty liberal for TX, and they vote.
    I've heard that Texans are worried about going Blue due to all of this movement. There is a theory that the Dems have been moving into important and dense populated areas of typically Red or Purple states and swinging them Blue. Unfortunately, we Red boys/girls like large open spaces so we can shoot and maybe that's beginning to hurt us

A lot of us (yep, I am one of them) are voting with our moving trucks. Most of those moving to Texas are not progressive liberals. Those are usually destined for elsewhere. Texas is the refuge for California's conservatives who have lost the power to have their votes represented in California. I am hoping the inbound California conservatives and "producers" will displace the liberals down in Austin and make Texas an even better place. For most California liberals, Texas sucks. Everyone has guns, they hunt, property rights are important, they don't do State handouts, it is a very low service state (roads suck, etc.), they love contact sports, and the weather sucks and there are no mountains or things to "preserve", and it is fairly ugly by California standards. Oregon and Washington are much more popular for the progressives to migrate to.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have heard some of this too; I'm glad you Texans are keeping it inhospitable to those Kalifornians

A cherry on top of this Kalifornia Kream Utopia:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...-state-workers

"Psychiatrists were among the highest-paid employees in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and New Jersey, with total compensation $270,000 to $327,000 for top earners. State police officers in Pennsylvania collected checks as big as $190,000 for unused vacation and personal leave as they retired young enough to start second careers, while Virginia paid active officers as much as $109,000 in overtime alone, the data show.

The numbers are even larger in California, where a state psychiatrist was paid $822,000, a highway patrol officer collected $484,000 in pay and pension benefits and 17 employees got checks of more than $200,000 for unused vacation and leave. The best-paid staff in other states earned far less for the same work, according to the data.
    Mohammad Safi, graduate of a medical school in Afghanistan, collected $822,302 last year, up from $90,682 when he started in 2006, the data show. Safi was placed on administrative leave in July and is under investigation by the Department of State Hospitals, formerly the Department of Mental Health."

Anybody that is honest, hard-working and a legal resident is perfectly welcome to move here. I'll even help you unpack. I'll bring over BBQ and some Shiner beer, and we can talk about ranges. I'll tell you what gun shops to stay away from.

I am working to corrupt California from the inside, however. For years, I've been sending money to political candidates in California. But only the ones that have read the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    A lot of us (yep, I am one of them) are voting with our moving trucks. Most of those moving to Texas are not progressive liberals. Those are usually destined for elsewhere. Texas is the refuge for California's conservatives who have lost the power to have their votes represented in California. I am hoping the inbound California conservatives and "producers" will displace the liberals down in Austin and make Texas an even better place. For most California liberals, Texas sucks. Everyone has guns, they hunt, property rights are important, they don't do State handouts, it is a very low service state (roads suck, etc.), they love contact sports, and the weather sucks and there are no mountains or things to "preserve", and it is fairly ugly by California standards. Oregon and Washington are much more popular for the progressives to migrate to.

My family and I may be joining you soon, we're trying to get out of here before my son goes to school.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    A cherry on top of this Kalifornia Kream Utopia:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-1...-state-workers

"Psychiatrists were among the highest-paid employees in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and New Jersey, with total compensation $270,000 to $327,000 for top earners. State police officers in Pennsylvania collected checks as big as $190,000 for unused vacation and personal leave as they retired young enough to start second careers, while Virginia paid active officers as much as $109,000 in overtime alone, the data show.

The numbers are even larger in California, where a state psychiatrist was paid $822,000, a highway patrol officer collected $484,000 in pay and pension benefits and 17 employees got checks of more than $200,000 for unused vacation and leave. The best-paid staff in other states earned far less for the same work, according to the data.
    Mohammad Safi, graduate of a medical school in Afghanistan, collected $822,302 last year, up from $90,682 when he started in 2006, the data show. Safi was placed on administrative leave in July and is under investigation by the Department of State Hospitals, formerly the Department of Mental Health."
    And don't forget these lovely people, who took it to a whole 'nother level :
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Bell_scandal

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List