Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDPA Match DQ

IDPA Match DQ

I had to DQ a shooter today at our local IDPA/DMG monthly match. I think it hurt my feelings more than his because I consider him a good friend.

Short version is, during an adaptation of one of the stages, in which we were using carbines from either side of a Bianchi style barricade, he put a round through the barricade from a distance of about 3". He was shooting one of the Beretta 9mm carbines with a red dot on top, and didn't take into account the distance from the muzzle to the center of his optic as he sliced the pie. In addition to that, he made the decision to shoot left handed around the left side of the barricade, and is right hand dominant.

A word of warning to RO's, SO's and trainers. I haven't seen this happen in quite some time and never from that close. Fortunatley is was ball ammo and thin plywood.

Wheeler
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Do the IDPA multigun rules require (or even allow) a DQ for shooting a barricade? I've seen this many times in pistol matches, though usually not that close to the barricade, but I've never seen a shooter DQed because of it.

We only DQ if it was a deliberate shot through a prop to gain a competitive advantage.

The rule book does not address this issue and IMO, is a judgement call if it created an unsafe situation. Generally, DQ's must be referenced from the rule book, but not all Safety Considerations are addressed. It's a judgement call, regarding formality.

I DQ'd a shooter yesterday for attempting to use an illegal gun for the Classifier Match. Didn't bother me a bit, he should have known the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    The rule book does not address this issue and IMO, is a judgement call if it created an unsafe situation. Generally, DQ's must be referenced from the rule book, but not all Safety Considerations are addressed. It's a judgement call, regarding formality.

I DQ'd a shooter yesterday for attempting to use an illegal gun for the Classifier Match. Didn't bother me a bit, he should have known the rules.
    Full length dust cover?
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

I would view that as a minor issue and not one that would DQ someone.

Site Supporter
    I think the easiest way to deal with this is to specify that all of the props are hard cover in the stage description. That way there is no advantage to shooting through the prop, and shooters will be incentivized to take the extra time to ensure the muzzle is clear to avoid a miss.

jlweems and I were there yesterday but unaware of this. We were running the Classifier in bay #3. Well, he was doing most of the running ..... Steve and I were helping.

We need to figure out a way to meet up next time for intros.

I'm the one with the orange Max bag with a VOLGRAD name tape on it. I was wearing orange kydex gear yesterday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Full length dust cover?
    G17L

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    jlweems and I were there yesterday but unaware of this. We were running the Classifier in bay #3. Well, he was doing most of the running ..... Steve and I were helping.

We need to figure out a way to meet up next time for intros.

I'm the one with the orange Max bag with a VOLGRAD name tape on it. I was wearing orange kydex gear yesterday as well.

He and I did meet for intros, but you were nowhere to be found. Turns out he and I were in the SO class together a few months back. As memory serves, you were nowhere to be found that day either.

User Tag List