Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: The shootings of Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Winona: I'll bet the mafia stuff is resolved on Tuesday but Winona will remain as a recurring character going forward.

Drew: My justification-of-disbelief assumed Drew paid people off. Money and birds of a feather. Still doesn't explain the connection with the kids and the bag in the wall, unless you believe Arlo just hired them to remove evidence he had hanging around. I haven't lost any sleep or taken away any plot points for it.

Plot-wise this has been my least favorite season, but there has been a redeeming quantity of "those moments" that make the show fun to watch, especially over the past 3-4 weeks.
    When Boyd got Drew from Limehouse, Drew was trying to talk his way out of it. He mentioned that he gave the cocaine he jumped with to Crowder's dad, and that's what "put food on their tables, and moved them out shacks and into houses" or words to that effect. So without his startup coke, no Crowder crime empire, thus buying their loyalty (until Boyd, anyway).
    On the bag- I thought they explained it further a few episodes ago when they were holed up in Arlo's house, but for the life of me I can't remember and can't find it without watching it again.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Drew... I haven't lost any sleep or taken away any plot points for it.
    Yea, I feel the same. It's not that the unanswered questions have taken away from the show for me, as much as I've just been second-guessing whether I actually missed any clues/facts/whatever. So if there's no answer, that's fine; I just want to know so I don't waste any more time trying to figure out a mystery that wasn't actually explained

Plot-wise this has been my least favorite season, but there has been a redeeming quantity of "those moments" that make the show fun to watch, especially over the past 3-4 weeks.
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    On the bag- I thought they explained it further a few episodes ago when they were holed up in Arlo's house, but for the life of me I can't remember and can't find it without watching it again.
    I remember Drew explaining why he gave it to Arlo (I couldn't keep it, I couldn't throw it away, so I gave it to Arlo who promised to burn it). Is that what you mean?

My general confusion is about why people were looking for the bag at the beginning of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I remember Drew explaining why he gave it to Arlo (I couldn't keep it, I couldn't throw it away, so I gave it to Arlo who promised to burn it). Is that what you mean?

My general confusion is about why people were looking for the bag at the beginning of the season.
    I think that's all there was to it (the story about Arlo).
    I may be wrong, but here's what I think: they weren't looking for the bag specifically. Remember, after they ran off from Constable Bob, it was Raylan that found the bag in the wall, started asking questions, and one thing lead to another. I think Josiah knew about Drew, but wasn't looking to out him, it just happened and he got caught in the middle.
    But I could definitely be wrong.

Site Supporter
    I'm not sure how Josiah knew were the bag was, but I just assumed he thought there would be money in it.

Arlo asked Josiah, Gerald McRanet, to get it out of the wall. Josiah sent his daughter and friend to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Redhead addiction is a dangerous game..........it is my weakness and keeps me sharp. You can never be in Condition white with a red head around, so it is good training
    I had a redhead shoot me because she loved me so much. Go and figure that shit out.

They get shorted on pigment and get too much Crazy.

Winona: I'll bet the mafia stuff is resolved on Tuesday but Winona will remain as a recurring character going forward.

Drew: My justification-of-disbelief assumed Drew paid people off. Money and birds of a feather. Still doesn't explain the connection with the kids and the bag in the wall, unless you believe Arlo just hired them to remove evidence he had hanging around. I haven't lost any sleep or taken away any plot points for it.

My feelings about the whole take the bag out of the wall was that Arlo , knowing he was going to be in jail the rest of his life wanted to make the evidence disappear because he figured Raylan would have the house torn down or sold or something.

We are diminished
    I've just watched the first 20 minutes of the pilot.

How come no one ever mentioned this show before? Hair trigger lawman vs. neo-nazis. I may have a new hero.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I've just watched the first 20 minutes of the pilot.

How come no one ever mentioned this show before? Hair trigger lawman vs. neo-nazis. I may have a new hero.
    The thread has been here for almost four months!

It's a great show....it's about the only show I watch regularly, along with The Walking Dead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    The thread has been here for almost four months!
    Allegedly.

User Tag List