Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: The shootings of Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    Then Art retires to a little fishing village outside Puerto Vallarta.

Nope. He's going to retire to a small town in Florida, but the local police chief is going to rubbed out, and Art will reluctantly agree to be the interim chief. Then he'll get sucked into fighting the local drug runners.

Spinoff....
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Perfect.

... and I will use Art's Chief Deputy line.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Yup. I can live with that.

Site Supporter
    Goggins quote about the final scene gave me closure.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/arts...alton-goggins/

GOGGINS: It was my last day and it really snuck up on me, the exchange between those two people. We read it on the page and when we stepped in to do it......
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Outstanding

What I liked about the final episode is that they wrapped up the story, but they did so in a manner in which it could all bust wide open again at any time.

Very well done.
    Not necessarily how I thought it would go, but leaving all the players in until the last episode made it hard to guess. The only thing I got right is who ended up with the $.
    Really going to miss the Raylan /Boyd interaction. That final scene was just about perfect. Piece of crap that he was, you just can't help but like Boyd a little. "I'm climbin' that ladder, Jesus!"
    It was somewhat open ended, so maybe a movie or mini series will happen.

Great ending. Great series right up to the end. They didn't try to squeeze and torture any more out of it than needed. I'll look forward to a spin off if it happens. Thanks for the link RoyGBiv!
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

The cinematography of the final shoot out reminded me of a John Ford Western. Actually having a duel where both guys get shot was a good way to end a series that seemed to pride itself on realism. I already miss it.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 04-15-2015 at 09:44 AM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List