Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: The shootings of Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Adds dramatic tension.
    Ol' Raylan is so good that a mere white crook trying to muscle in on the black underworld would be no challenge if he had not been so stupid as to keep his ditsy daughter along on an active case.
    Reminds me of years ago before we moved to the state, hiking in the Smokies and Nantahala with my wife as we did annually while staying in Bryson City.

A couple of guests at the bed & breakfast were convinced that I was really up there looking for Eric Rudolph...to which I replied, "You got me. I always bring my wife along with me on a manhunt."

Sheesh.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Well after 3 episodes it is pretty much decided that the new series is a yawner. What a let down so far in comparison to the prior series. I keep hoping that they are just long in spooling up the plot, but they didn't have that problem with the first. I want Boyd back dammit...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    Well after 3 episodes it is pretty much decided that the new series is a yawner. What a let down so far in comparison to the prior series. I keep hoping that they are just long in spooling up the plot, but they didn't have that problem with the first. I want Boyd back dammit...
    Unfortunate I got through the first episode and went ehh...got half way through the 2nd and went nah. I was hoping to hear the 3rd episode was better to give me justification to finish the 2nd and power ahead.

It's just not as good...and no offense meant to Mr. Olyphant, but his daughter should start fleshing out an alternative career option, or at least a career that does not involve being in front of the camera as an actor/actress

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It was all about her legs...for me, anyway.
    Its always about the legs!😁

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    I agree, I tried one book with Bosch as a PI and it just wasn't for me. I really liked it when he was still at LAPD.
    As someone who devoured the books, the Bosch TV series was surprisingly good.

Can’t say I’m real keen on Connellys new protagonist, Renee Ballardwife

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Episode #4: Annoying daughter is back in Miami. So the story is now following the story told by Elmore Leonard without side bullshit. Roomie said it was a lot better and I agree.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    As someone who devoured the books, the Bosch TV series was surprisingly good.

Can’t say I’m real keen on Connellys new protagonist, Renee Ballardwife
    Yes, but Bosch in the books is old and I prefer the way Connelly is doing it by staying sort of in real time rather than slowing time down like Sue Grafton, Craig Johnson and James Lee Burke did.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well, it didn’t feel like Justified until the last few minutes of the finale, which I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Well, it didn’t feel like Justified until the last few minutes of the finale, which I enjoyed.
    I am so looking forward to another season of Justified.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I felt the show got stronger throughout the entire season. The first couple of episodes gave me doubts but I stuck with it.

User Tag List