Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: The shootings of Raylan Givens

I can't understand the daughter, She needs to take a speech class or something, although that seems typical of most young people today. A lot of these kids need to drink a big cup of shut the F up.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On the show, why did Clement draw his tape? Did he want to die? I hope Givens doesn't become a PI, those shows and books always stink when a cop or LEO becomes a PI.
    The ending was pretty close to the novel, down to Clement asking if a call was made to EMS and being told that it was made to the County Morgue.

Clement apparently was going to give the tape to Givens to remember him by, which ignores the point that Givens knew Clement had just killed a busload of Albanians.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

You guys should probably put spoiler alerts for folks that haven't watched the show as yet.

(No issues for me.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Well, you have to know that a thread about a show will have spoilers. Just saying. Didn't read the novel.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Well, you have to know that a thread about a show will have spoilers. Just saying. Didn't read the novel.
    It's one of his better ones.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yes, but Bosch in the books is old and I prefer the way Connelly is doing it by staying sort of in real time rather than slowing time down like Sue Grafton, Craig Johnson and James Lee Burke did.
    Each of Craig’s books is a season, so with the release of book #19 this fall he’ll be just shy of five years of an incredibly high murder rate for a Wyoming county in book time.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Each of Craig’s books is a season, so with the release of book #19 this fall he’ll be just shy of five years of an incredibly high murder rate for a Wyoming county in book time.
    Some of those fictional locales make Detroit look like the City of Love and Peace. But fortunately, there is Loren Estleman to counter that.

User Tag List