Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: The shootings of Raylan Givens

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I like Bosch in books and video when he was a cop. When he became a private eye, not so much. All the super sleuth private detectives never rang true to me. I do like in the new books, that Harry is showing the effects of age. More realistic than Spenser who is still a 100 year old stud. Lucas Davenport is slowing down also, hence the new emphasis on Virgil Flowers and Lucas' clearly sociopathic killer step-daughter.
    I agree, I tried one book with Bosch as a PI and it just wasn't for me. I really liked it when he was still at LAPD.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Justified: City Primeval Raylan just comes off as tired, nor is he buoyed by the outstanding characters, and the actors that played them, the first time around. Olyphant's daughter is tragically bad as an actor. I made it through 1.5 episodes, then went to bed.
    I agree on all points. The daughter makes me want to yell at the TV. I unfortunately finished the second episode. I had really high hopes, as I loved the original series. However, if it doesn't pick up soon, I'll probably delete it from my DVR schedule.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Except, isn’t she shown as a toddler in the last episode of Justified? Raylan and Winona were in a park playground with her in Florida, if my memory is correct. He was wearing the black hat he took from Boone after shooting him.
    Yes, and the fact that he's back in the white hat kind of annoys me as much as anything else this go round. On average, other than them making the daughter's character act like such an idiot, I'm enjoying it more than some others are, it seems. In general, other than the defense lawyer character, they are not doing women any favors here and it's pretty annoying. I'm hopeful that she'll continue to develop as smart and capable though, and I think some of the supporting characters show a lot of promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    More realistic than Spenser who is still a 100 year old stud. Lucas Davenport is slowing down also, hence the new emphasis on Virgil Flowers and Lucas' clearly sociopathic killer step-daughter.
    Letty is his adopted daughter. Not really liking her books, but I like the Virgil Flowers spinoff. I'd bet Lucas has five more years/books.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Half way through Ep.2... Daughter is an awful actress and annoying. She speaks in a way that I needed to turn on captions to understand what she was saying. Maybe I have hearing loss in that whiny pitch she uses? If they wanted to add family drama, it would be much better with Natalie Zee instead.

The "this is how we do it in Detroit" crap was only funny once.

Hoping it gets better but, it's riding on the success of the Harlan County version so far.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I'm watching just to see if Winona shows up. That would make the whole effort seem worth while.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by wrmettler View Post
    I'm watching just to see if Winona shows up. That would make the whole effort seem worth while.
    Sadly she seems tied up in "La Brea." And truth be told, looking a little worse for the wear.
    Name:  Natalie.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  12.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    And truth be told, looking a little worse for the wear.
    That's OK, so am I...

It was all about her legs...for me, anyway.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Half way through Ep.2... Daughter is an awful actress and annoying.
    Adds dramatic tension.
    Ol' Raylan is so good that a mere white crook trying to muscle in on the black underworld would be no challenge if he had not been so stupid as to keep his ditsy daughter along on an active case.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List