Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Knife

Favorite Knife

I have many knives. Many of them handmade customs. I have yet to encounter one that performs as well as this Bark River Custom Bowie. I have dressed & quartered countless deer with this thing & it's still shaving sharp. The secret is its full convex edge, similar to that seen on traditional Japanese swords. I would love to own 5 of these, but they are hard to find now. If you run across one @ a decent price pick it up. You won't be disappointed.

Well yeeaahh. If I had THAT one it'd be my favorite.

Convex is hard to come by. Very nice.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Well yeeaahh. If I had THAT one it'd be my favorite.

Convex is hard to come by. Very nice.
    One thing I love about Bark River is that ALL of their knives are convex. They are also semi handmade, with most of the building & manufacturing done completely by hand. All of this & most of their knives are under $300. A lot of them under $200. They are one of the best values in knives IMO.

They should have to pay Randall Knives some kind of fee for that.

My favorite safe queen custom is this one by Jim Drouillard in Texas:

My favorite user custom is this one by Mike Cantrell, but I need to play with some kydex to make a new sheath.

I also have a spike knife by Mike Cantrell that is really nice, though a touch heavy for carry, and it too needs a sheath.

My EDC is a Spyderco Paramilitary 2.

My $40 folding Kershaw Leek. Resides in my pocket, not clipped, and is sharp as hell. Any time it gets dulled, I bust out the Belgian Blue/coticule whetstone. It's not razor sharp (I do know what that means as I shave with a straight) but for some reason, it's grown on me. When my dog killed that deer, I was glad I had the point of the Kershaw as opposed to my Strider that is shaped somewhat like a chisel.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My $40 folding Kershaw Leek. Resides in my pocket, not clipped, and is sharp as hell. Any time it gets dulled, I bust out the Belgian Blue/coticule whetstone. It's not razor sharp (I do know what that means as I shave with a straight) but for some reason, it's grown on me. When my dog killed that deer, I was glad I had the point of the Kershaw as opposed to my Strider that is shaped somewhat like a chisel.
    So you're dog really killed that deer? Wow! I thought you were joking about that. That's awesome.

My favorite knife and EDC is my Benchmade Presidio. As far as I'm concerned its the best designed folder on the market. The grip panels are perfect (aluminum ones, not the cheap plastic ones). I'm not a fan of liner locks, so the Axis lock on this knife makes me very happy. Love the blade shape and design, and it comes out quick enough for me. Only things I would change is the belt clip to alow both tip and down carry and add assisted opening to it. Then it would be perfect.
    Back to the grip panels, having used this knife with wet and bloody hands, I'm completely sold. No trouble maintaining a solid grip on the knife while cutting and for the hell of it, stabbing (while skinning an animal). I'm actually going to buy another one as I like this one so much.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    My favorite knife and EDC is my Benchmade Presidio. As far as I'm concerned its the best designed folder on the market. The grip panels are perfect (aluminum ones, not the cheap plastic ones). I'm not a fan of liner locks, so the Axis lock on this knife makes me very happy. Love the blade shape and design, and it comes out quick enough for me. Only things I would change is the belt clip to alow both tip and down carry and add assisted opening to it. Then it would be perfect.
    Back to the grip panels, having used this knife with wet and bloody hands, I'm completely sold. No trouble maintaining a solid grip on the knife while cutting and for the hell of it, stabbing (while skinning an animal). I'm actually going to buy another one as I like this one so much.
    If I had to go out & buy a non custom folder, it would be a Benchmade. They have such an array of blade shapes & geometries & their axis lock is exceedingly strong. The liner lock has a bad rep because most executions are in the form of cheapo knives with pot metal locks. A nice frame lock knife made of titanium with a ball detent is a strong & reliable lock. Unfortunately that is only found on custom knives & the CR sebenzas. I would not touch a non frame non titanium liner with a stick though.

Quote Originally Posted by iGlock View Post
    So you're dog really killed that deer? Wow! I thought you were joking about that. That's awesome.
    He absolutely killed it after a short chase. He broke its neck and brought it to me. I cut its throat since it was still kicking weakly (to be sure it died quickly) and gave him some meat off of it. The dog chased and killed the deer all on his own.
    #RESIST

User Tag List