Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modern Krink

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    In stock, I've bought from them several times, and not too bad a price....

http://whatacountry.com/ak-74magazineandpouchset.aspx
    Holy crap, I had no idea 5.45mm mags had gone up so far. Now I feel stupid for not stocking up on a few dozen when they were under $10 each (ironically enough, DURING the AW ban...)

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Holy crap, I had no idea 5.45mm mags had gone up so far. Now I feel stupid for not stocking up on a few dozen when they were under $10 each (ironically enough, DURING the AW ban...)
    Time makes fools of us all.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Ohhh, they can be found cheaper, but usually only onesies, twosies. These are at least gonna be E. German good bakelites and they're usually in stock. I bought a bunch years ago in anticipation of finally getting a Krink built so I've got about 40 at ~$15-18 and another 20 or so at those prices. Now, you wanna talk spendy, start buying 45 round Circle 10's! Yikes!
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Ohhh, they can be found cheaper, but usually only onesies, twosies. These are at least gonna be E. German good bakelites and they're usually in stock. I bought a bunch years ago in anticipation of finally getting a Krink built so I've got about 40 at ~$15-18 and another 20 or so at those prices. Now, you wanna talk spendy, start buying 45 round Circle 10's! Yikes!
    Have you seen Russian 8-round VEPR-12 mags lately? $100 each. In light of the panic already headed down the road, I grabbed 5 of the new SGM 12-rounders @ $45 each. I would have preferred the 10-rounders, as I think the 12s are just a little too unwieldy, but at this point I had to take what I could get.

I saw a few deals on AK74 mags, but they were all out of stock when I tried to order. 20-round Hungarian 7.62 AK mags are also getting stupid expensive. Glad I bought some 40-round Romy mags the last time they had them on sale.

Have you seen Russian 8-round VEPR-12 mags lately? $100 each. In light of the panic already headed down the road, I grabbed 5 of the new SGM 12-rounders @ $45 each. I would have preferred the 10-rounders, as I think the 12s are just a little too unwieldy, but at this point I had to take what I could get.

I saw a few deals on AK74 mags, but they were all out of stock when I tried to order. 20-round Hungarian 7.62 AK mags are also getting stupid expensive. Glad I bought some 40-round Romy mags the last time they had them on sale.
    Romy's for $14? If it was the same deal (I think APEX) I bought 6! They run well once you clean all the cosmoline out of them. hehe. That's the next project, SBRing the Arsenal 107u. No shotgun (ak) yet. May not even bother with prices like that.

I'll let you know if I come across a hot buy.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Romy's for $14? If it was the same deal (I think APEX) I bought 6! They run well once you clean all the cosmoline out of them. hehe. That's the next project, SBRing the Arsenal 107u. No shotgun (ak) yet. May not even bother with prices like that.

I'll let you know if I come across a hot buy.
    Palmetto State had a holiday sale with the Romy 40s for $15 each, so I ordered 10. Got some GSG-1911 mags as well, and with the VEPR mags on the way, that should put me in a semi-comfortable spot for the reasonable future. Would I like some more Beretta mags? Yep. And more AR mags. And more AK74 mags. But so far I should have a reasonable minimum for the future in case they do go for a ban. At least I won't be hosed like I was with the 94 ban, which was imposed when I was all of 13 years old. I think I had one beat-up old surplus GI AR mag, and maybe one Beretta mag, and a handful of surplus AK74 mags until the ban expired and I was able to stock up. I won't get caught up in that again.

Oh, and the VEPR is a ton of fun. Pending some more reliability testing, it may even eclipse my beloved 870 as my primary shotgun. I may even (gasp) Krink it out There, I brought the discussion back to the topic of the post
    Last edited by LHS; 12-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    No sir, they do not, unfortunately.

I'm still working on a solution, but have since turned to finding more mags for my krinks...not an ideal market for 5.45 ak mags, as it turns out!
    I recommend an UltiMak and an Aimpoint T-1.

User Tag List