Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&W Outdoorsman

S&W Outdoorsman

I was wondering what a fair price for one of these old N frame .38's would be. It's in about 95% condition w/just a smudge of holster wear near the muzzle & a few light spots on the cylinder, but no rust & still very tight. I was gonna offer $450.

I think $450 would be a steal. Classic N frames have gone crazy in recent years it seems to me. I would expect it to be priced like $650 or more. Good luck. What an awesome old revolver. Good luck.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Oh I can definitely get it it for $450. I just wanted to be fair.

If you don't, I will. I've been looking for a good deal on one for years.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Tell ya what, I'll get it & you can enjoy it vicariously through the pics of it I will post on here

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    ^^^This.

Unless it's been killed with a buffing wheel on a refinish, $450 is a steal on a solid Outdoorsman.

I was looking at a pre-war .38/44 Heavy Duty the other day that somebody had done an ugly chrome job on, and was thinking that three-and-a-quarter was actually a pretty fair price for a mechanically-solid shooter with a good bore even if somebody had made it look like a bumper.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

With Christmas right around the corner, torturing a poor disabled person will not get you on Santa's good list.... Can I at least have dibs on it?
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

YES! Buy it at $450 and don't ever look back!
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    ^^^This.

Unless it's been killed with a buffing wheel on a refinish, $450 is a steal on a solid Outdoorsman.

I was looking at a pre-war .38/44 Heavy Duty the other day that somebody had done an ugly chrome job on, and was thinking that three-and-a-quarter was actually a pretty fair price for a mechanically-solid shooter with a good bore even if somebody had made it look like a bumper.
    No, it's completely original & not reamed out to .357. I knew the owner. A real S&W afficianado. He had tons of guns, all were S&W revolvers or Sig P series. I think I'll get it because I can't bring myself to shoot my 27's.

Quote Originally Posted by iGlock View Post
    Oh I can definitely get it it for $450. I just wanted to be fair.
    Frakkin' fair enough! Buy it!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List