Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25kb picture quota?

Site Supporter
    Is there some way to add an image to a post other than via an external link?
    The only "PF.com uploaded" image I'm aware of is an avatar.

When I click on the "insert image" picture frame icon, all I get is the opportunity to embed an externally hosted image URL, and the forum doesn't seem to care how big the image is. Am I missing something?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Tom,

Let me know if I'm doing this wrong:

I'll go find a photo by some easy means, such as googling "hippopotamus." I'll click on whatever photo of a hippopotamus from Goggle Images, such as this ( http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&s...,r:8,s:0,i:173 ) and then copy that address into the "From URL" tab of "Insert Images" purposed for site supporters. It will tell me "invalid file."

Site Supporter
    Right click on the file you linked to above, then hit view image. The non-Google URL is actually:
    http://www.animalsgallery.com/galler...pictures_1.jpg

Note that there's no text on the screen, it's just the image, and the URL ends with an image extension - .jpg in this case.

OK, that makes sense.

I still can't post anything due to the size quota. I just tried 3 pictures, the hippopotamus, this and this. This seems odd, these aren't excessively large images or of excessive resolution. I totally get not spamming the forum with big images or anything because it costs money to host, but these images don't seem out of the ordinary to me. That last one is only 84kb, and the forum is telling me I'm exceeding my quota by 82kb.

Ahh, I had just assumed that it was 2mb per day or per upload.....is it per year? I just wouldn't think it was...2mb is a miniscule amount of space this day and age. Most free sources offer multitudes more storage than that.

If it's 2mb per year, then that explains why I was confused that I was always hitting my quota.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Ahh, I had just assumed that it was 2mb per day or per upload.....is it per year?
    It's per profile, time is irrelevant. If you want to add items as an attachment, delete some old stuff.

So the photos that I've uploaded to previous threads will have to be deleted? That doesn't seem to make much sense for the forum being a "living record" of sorts, which is archived so people can search for whatever information they need.

Am I just misunderstanding the purpose of being able to upload photos into a post on this specific forum?

Thanks,
    TGS

User Tag List