Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Bob Costas on Sunday Night football

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Josh Brent, Dallas Cowboys player, arrested after crash kills teammate Jerry Brown.
    Bob now go on Monday night and talk about how if this ass hole did not have a car jerry Brown would still be alive... just another shit bag football player who killed someone.
    If it weren't for these Mercedes assault cars with their high-capacity throttles, this wouldn't have happened. Other than the police or the military, who really needs to go a hundred and forty miles an hour?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

That is exactly the argument I made with a project manager where I work. She has a Porsche, and is a safe and skilled driver. She also happens to have some silly ideas about some things.

I pointed out that for the public good, she should turn in her car, and not be compensated for what she paid. Further, if she wished to have a car, she should only buy from a narrow list of cars approved by the DOT. Which frankly, had other things they preferred to do.

And forget about just having that Porsche, to admire it's engineering, or to maintain a collection. Just having it in her garage would be a crime. She should stop being selfish, and think of the children. If giving up her Porsche saved just one life, it would be worth it. She needed to stop being a selfish, dangerous person. At the very least, she should require an expensive, special driver's license just to own it, and we should keep her on a special list, and maintain a close watch on her.

"Screw you, Serious! I'm a safe and careful driver, I have never hurt a soul, and I've never even had a ticket! It's my business if I .........."

The lightbulb clicked on. She was really quiet for the rest of the happy hour.

Three months later she bought a Glock 22.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    That is exactly the argument I made with a project manager where I work. She has a Porsche, and is a safe and skilled driver. She also happens to have some silly ideas about some things.

I pointed out that for the public good, she should turn in her car, and not be compensated for what she paid. Further, if she wished to have a car, she should only buy from a narrow list of cars approved by the DOT. Which frankly, had other things they preferred to do.

And forget about just having that Porsche, to admire it's engineering, or to maintain a collection. Just having it in her garage would be a crime. She should stop being selfish, and think of the children. If giving up her Porsche saved just one life, it would be worth it. She needed to stop being a selfish, dangerous person. At the very least, she should require an expensive, special driver's license just to own it, and we should keep her on a special list, and maintain a close watch on her.

"Screw you, Serious! I'm a safe and careful driver, I have never hurt a soul, and I've never even had a ticket! It's my business if I .........."

The lightbulb clicked on. She was really quiet for the rest of the happy hour.

Three months later she bought a Glock 22.
    Awesomesauce!!

We need more people willing to actually be honest enough with themselves like this woman. It's fantastic when you have a well presented argument, but phenomenal when you have a willing and honest participant that's just never had a well articulated argument to consider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If it weren't for these Mercedes assault cars with their high-capacity throttles, this wouldn't have happened. Other than the police or the military, who really needs to go a hundred and forty miles an hour?

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Awesomesauce!!

We need more people willing to actually be honest enough with themselves like this woman. It's fantastic when you have a well presented argument, but phenomenal when you have a willing and honest participant that's just never had a well articulated argument to consider.

Thank you. She's a smart lady, and a good friend. The next phase in my cunning scheme is to get her into one of Nyeti's pistol classes.

So many of the anti-gun arguments are based on emotion. It took an emotional tug on her heart about something she loved, to make her realize that. That silver Porsche is her baby. She's rather give up an arm, than lose that car.

The sad thing is, she is one of the very few people I have converted solely through discussion. Most of the time, taking them shooting does the trick. But getting them near one of those evil firearms is difficult. After all, they always read about how they just "go off."

Funny. I have fire extinguishers in my house. They never just "go off". Neither does the microwave, or toaster. I guess it's due to my living in Texas, rather than Amityville. Couldn't possibly be due to the fact they are inanimate objects.

User Tag List