Thread: Budget Long Guns

Budget Long Guns

I thought it would be good to post some pics & proof that cheaper long guns can still work. This is geared more towards hunting as I do not recommend cheap black guns. I took the Weatherby Vanguard out today. I have a Mark V, but this Vanguard has been my go to deer gun for a while. It is tough as nails and plenty accurate. I slapped a 3-9x40 Leupold Rifleman on it & haven't looked back. This was shot @ 120 yds.

I've been thinking about grabbing one of those for a while, I need a new deer rifle ;p
    It may not have the durability of a more expensive gun, or it might, but I wouldn't find out with 15-20 rounds per year anyway.

Regardless of cost, that is not a cheap rifle. I've seen a bunch of Vanguards (and S&W 1500s, etc., etc.) fired over the years and they shoot very well. IMHO, they are a superb value.

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    I've been thinking about grabbing one of those for a while, I need a new deer rifle ;p
    It may not have the durability of a more expensive gun, or it might, but I wouldn't find out with 15-20 rounds per year anyway.
    I would say its every bit if not more durable than most bolt guns in its class. Mine has been dropped, rained on, frozen, & neglected & will shoot sub to 1 MOA on demand if I do my part.

User Tag List