Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers Light Bearing AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I wouldn't order a holster or recommend Tony/SCW to anyone I know. Buyer beware!
    Ditto. I did get one of his holsters used and it is great but it took me 1 year to get my money back from him. If someone else would make a 25 degree cant in kydex I would be all over it. If you enjoy reading here is a link for you.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=67563&page=40

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Shooter View Post
    Ditto. I did get one of his holsters used and it is great but it took me 1 year to get my money back from him. If someone else would make a 25 degree cant in kydex I would be all over it. If you enjoy reading here is a link for you.
    Dark Star Gear. He even answers comms and ships on time!

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dark Star Gear. He even answers comms and ships on time!

GREAT!!! Have dealt with him before and he was great! Did not realize he has a holster like that. Looks like I will be getting a back up after all.

Until my Keeper ships anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Seventeen months and counting for me.

Cookie Monster
    I assume you've tried pinging him again. It's possible that dude is still flaky and I just got lucky, I guess.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    I assume you've tried pinging him again. It's possible that dude is still flaky and I just got lucky, I guess.
    I am at 15 months. All of my emails, in which all I asked for were status updates, have gone completely unanswered. Therefore, I don't think he's merely "flaky." I believe he has willfully completely given up trying to deal at all with us customers from beyond a certain date. He probably thinks he can never make any of us happy, it would be burdensome to him to try, and we're unlikely to pursue legal remedies that would be more costly than the loss of a holster, so why even bother making things right?

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    I am at 15 months. All of my emails, in which all I asked for were status updates, have gone completely unanswered. Therefore, I don't think he's merely "flaky." I believe he has willfully completely given up trying to deal at all with us customers from beyond a certain date. He probably thinks he can never make any of us happy, it would be burdensome to him to try, and we're unlikely to pursue legal remedies that would be more costly than the loss of a holster, so why even bother making things right?
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Unbelievable.
    I'm not casting aspersions but I find it rather odd that once in a blue moon a rather "new face" to this forum, or the long M4C thread on SCW, pipes up about their great experience with Tony and how they got their holster in no time when long time standing members haven't got so much as an email in well over a year. Coincidence? Maybe, but I still wouldn't recommend him to anyone that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by IRISH View Post
    I'm not casting aspersions but I find it rather odd that once in a blue moon a rather "new face" to this forum, or the long M4C thread on SCW, pipes up about their great experience with Tony and how they got their holster in no time when long time standing members haven't got so much as an email in well over a year. Coincidence? Maybe, but I still wouldn't recommend him to anyone that I like.
    LOL this is the first time I've been accused of being a puppet account. I've posted under this name on at least one other shooting forum before for a long time, albeit sporadically.

I'm not trying to shill for anybody. This is literally what happened: we exchanged emails, I sent him money, and then a week later I had a holster. I can't speak to what other people's experiences have been.

In all honesty the reason I was willing to give SCW a chance was probably because I knew of him a long time ago but I didn't know anything about the "bad period" people are talking about (I tend to stay away from the bigger forums like Arf and M4C) until recently. If my prior experience had been watching everyone get burned I imagine that my preconceived notions might have been different.

tl;dr I'm just saying I had a good experience and that's it. I'm pretty new around here and I don't want to start a dramabomb right off the bat.
    Last edited by perlslacker; 01-30-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perlslacker View Post
    LOL this is the first time I've been accused of being a puppet account.
    I wasn't referring to you specifically. For instance, the person who started this thread has only seen it fit to comment in this thread in the past couple of months. Does it mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. Just making an observation.

A few years back, Secret City didn't craft any product. They were a drop ship outlet that supposedly had an inventory or otherwise difficult to obtain holsters. After a raw deal with Gary Bromeland, Secret City was quick to ship the Bromeland Max-Con.

That was then. Now, dunno.

salty

User Tag List