Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Heinie's Shooting Low On P30

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Individual HK pistols are just that -- and there is a reason HK makes different front sight heights.
    Now, I try Heinie sights, and if they don't regulate, I don't sweat it -- just go to plan B or C (Tool Tech or Trijicons).
    Thank you!
    That is actually the best news I have heard all day.
    Looking at the sights and doing some basic guess-timation I think a standard height front sight with Heinie rear will probably put me spot on.
    I am actually considering ordering a set of trijicon's for it and just installing the front.
    I wish i could just buy the front tbh and would actually love an HD triji front with the heinie rear if the trigonometry worked out on that "and trijicon made them for the HK's" it would probably be a bitchin' sight picture.

I guess maybe I should have my smith install the factory front and see where that gets me.
    Fuck if that works maintaining a uniform coat of arms in the future is going to get expensive.

But I decided when I got into this Hobby that it was going to be expensive and I tend to have a prefference for the finer things in life. I am currently playing around with my first AR Build and by the time I'm done with that thing it will propably make most people faint.

Site Supporter
    If you like Meps, let me know. I have a set on my backup P30 (NIB) and would prefer Heinies.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    If you like Meps, let me know. I have a set on my backup P30 (NIB) and would prefer Heinies.
    Really appreciate the offer but I think we are about to start treading into "frankenstein" sight configs Heinie in the rear and god knows what in the front does anyone know who sells just front sight's for P30 "tritium of course"?

If I can find a front that solves the issue I will give the front heinie to whoever wants it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I don't believe there is anything wrong with the sights "apparently thats impossible", but I am beginning to think that there may be something very wrong with the pistol at this point, but that also really doesn't make sense.
    Unless the tritium vial is placed way to low in the front sight, it is impossible for the gun to hit dead on while using the dot at seven yards, but six inches low when using the top edge also at seven yards. There just isn't that much distance between the two points. When driving the dot are you keeping the top edges of the sights aligned, or are you lining the dot up with the top edge of the rear sight? If it is the latter, then I can see how that would cause such a significant change in point of impact.

Before spending more money to get the problem fixed by getting a different front sight, I would try contacting HK.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Unless the tritium vial is placed way to low in the front sight, it is impossible for the gun to hit dead on while using the dot at seven yards, but six inches low when using the top edge also at seven yards. There just isn't that much distance between the two points. When driving the dot are you keeping the top edges of the sights aligned, or are you lining the dot up with the top edge of the rear sight? If it is the latter, then I can see how that would cause such a significant change in point of impact.

Before spending more money to get the problem fixed by getting a different front sight, I would try contacting HK.
    I think there is a little confusion here if you look at what my quoted statement is in your first post, what I have been saying is that the weapons Point of Impact at 7 yards is in alignment with the smaller tritium dot in the REAR sight.

If you look at the Photo uploaded by JV and assume you got off a sound shot using that sight picture the bullet will strike the target in the outermost ring on the bottom half of the target "in line with the rear dot".

I took my P30 out today for her first shoot since having the Heinie sights installed. My first shoot was at 25 yards and I was all over the target. It was entirely my fault and as I moved closer things got better. Here is a photo of seven rounds fired from 3 yards using one of the PT-Q targets. The top of my front sight was on the top edge of the box.

Name:  kfrazier-5.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  74.6 KB
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Site Supporter
    That's a lot of vertical spread for 3 yards. You definitely need to work on the trigger control.

I know.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

User Tag List