Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive Singles & doubles?

Inexpensive Singles & doubles?

There aren't new NEF Singleshot gauges being made anymore correct?

Anything on new market roughly comparable?

You can get two singles for about same $ as any double right?

The Turkish copies of the Beretta folding single-shot are ideal for what you want. Sold under various private labels, Hatfield, etc. About $150.
    Last edited by Outpost75; 07-09-2024 at 05:58 PM.

At the Charles Daley site the specs indicate the 12 ga model's weight as "2.3". Think that's right????
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    At the Charles Daley site the specs indicate the 12 ga model's weight as "2.3". Think that's right????
    Probably kilograms. That would put it right around 5 pounds which seems about right.
    ... success is contained in perseverance. Resolute action in preference to alibis...

I haven’t seen those Charles Daly singles before. Those look handy. And with them being a folding type, it might be useful to get one and have the barrel and LOP cut for travel. Wouldn’t be a bad hotel gun/animal euthanasia/pest control/boarder repellent tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been keeping my eyes on used racks at gun shops for an H&R or NEF 12 gauge for several months without seeing any. I have a 16 I bought new about 1984 and a 20 I got used over ten years ago.

Henry shows single shots on their site.

MSRP is NOT cheap though.

Savage also has singles that look like the old H&R's for around $200 MSRP.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    From the youtube and website review I linked https://www.huntinggearguy.com/shotg...hotgun-review/ above:

Specs:

Comes chambered in .410, 20 gauge, and 12 gauge

.410 with 14″ barrel: 4.22lbs
    20 gauge with 26″ barrel: 5.17 lbs
    12 gauge with 20″ barrel: 4.96lbs

No rib on the barrel

Use Beretta/Benelli Mobil chokes

Plastic buttpad

Steel sling studs (nice to see on a cheap shotgun like this)

Cheek riser on both sides

Cross bolt safety

Trigger weight: ~7lbs
    I wouldn't want to shoot the 12 with any full power loads at this point in life

I was thinking the Fiocchi 9 pellet No 1 buckshot for defense with the 12

But I was also interested in the 410 since these come with choke tubes even in 410. So for a camp/car/ATV/bushplane survival gun it might be useful.

The 410 with OOO buckshot loads for defense, birdshot for small game gathering (thinking survival not wingshooting), even the little 110 grain 410 slug might(?) useful for some niche in that situation.

Site Supporter
    Quick question, where do you draw the line between inexpensive/expensive?

There are a lot of older, solid SXS guns that the upper crust won't consider, but are very reliable guns.
    Of course they are more than 150 bucks.

User Tag List