1) Vogel's grip is about leverage -- allowing what ever strength you have to be applied with maximum mechanical advantage by getting your dominant hand as high as possible, and your support hand as far forward as possible. More strength helps, as it does with every shooting grip, but thinking Vogel's grip means strength is flat wrong.

The reason Vogel prefers a Glock to a 1911, and other pistols, is the Glock allows him to get the highest possible hand position, and impart maximum leverage to control recoil.

2) As someone with a 40 per cent tear in my right wrist, I can relate to hand problems. As regards physically pressing the trigger, hardest on my hands is a heavy DA revolver, then a DA Sig/HK, then LEM, then Glock/M&P and easiest is a light, 1911 trigger. I have to limit my DA revolver training, which I do at the beginning of my session, as it physically tires me. (Bill Rogers reports this is true with the DA revolver for most shooters, not just those with injuries.)

Comparing the Glock to the LEM, on a high round count day, the LEM is physically more taxing on my hand/wrist than a Glock, and that is a function of the length of travel as much as weight of the trigger.