Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting (12G) results from Hornaday Critical Defense vs. Federal Flight Control

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I have considered that. Is this a common fix? Has anyone ever had any issues with this? I certainly think this would be smarter than cutting springs.
    It's only there to keep the spring and cap from flying off into outer space if you unscrew the cap without being careful. If you add a mag extension to any tube fed shotgun with one that piece has to go bye bye anyway, it doesn't affect function at all.

Funny story time, in a galaxy far away I worked in a gun store during college and a hungover coworker unscrewed a mag cap on a shotgun which had been so modified and had been loaded with snap caps in the tube to diagnose some feeding issue. The mag cap shot THROUGH our hanging ceiling leaving a perfect circular mag cap shaped hole which as far as I know is still there along with the cap, somewhere in the ceiling space.
    Last edited by Wes Peart; 07-09-2024 at 03:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I have considered that. Is this a common fix? Has anyone ever had any issues with this? I certainly think this would be smarter than cutting springs.
    I read about it when I had a MAC 1014 Clone. It worked fine and I never had any issues. Both with the 5 shot and 7 shot magazine tubes. You just have to remember that the spring isn't captured when you disassemble. A box of shells will confirm if it works or not. Hope this helps.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List