Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Uvalde Chief indicted

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Maybe that will create one positive outcome from the disaster that was Uvalde… an incentive for admin to create and fund worthwhile training.
    Or at least enough to avoid those extra zeros. Sometimes you have to take what you can get.
    It has already made alerrt mandatory every 2 years in texas and many departments have placed shields and breaching tools in patrol units

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I don't for a second think Chuck is trying to rationalize not taking action, he's simply asking folks to think about other unintended consequences that may have been glossed over in the discussion.

He seems the kind of LEO I'd have been proud to have gone through a door with during my career.
    I appreciate that, Blues. Just pointing out that hindsight is 20/20, that real life isn't always picture perfect like the movies and TV, and that a negative outcome that had a kid take a police bullet would've been met with a whole different set of torches and pitchforks, rather than an understanding that shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have no what the rules are in TX. .
    Sec. 9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect a third person if:

(1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31 or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and

(2) the actor reasonably believes that his intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

And... Texas Penal Code Sec. 9.05. RECKLESS INJURY OF INNOCENT THIRD PERSON. Even though an actor is justified under this chapter in threatening or using force or deadly force against another, if in doing so he also recklessly injures or kills an innocent third person, the justification afforded by this chapter is unavailable in a prosecution for the reckless injury or killing of the innocent third person.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List