Thread: AAR: John Holschen "Applied Defensive Handgun Skills", Culpeper, VA 622-23/24

AAR: John Holschen "Applied Defensive Handgun Skills", Culpeper, VA 622-23/24

For your reading pleasure:

https://civiliangunfighter.wordpress...a-06-22-23-24/

What a great course!

Thanks for the review, it was very well written. That sounds like an excellent training opportunity.

I was fortunate to be in Seattle coincident with Tom Givens offering his 2-day Rangemaster Combative Pistol course at West Coast Armory North a few years ago. John had organized the class and was a "student" on the line (talk about a contrast).

Skill and experience weigh nothing, and you have them with you all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks for the review, it was very well written. That sounds like an excellent training opportunity.

I was fortunate to be in Seattle coincident with Tom Givens offering his 2-day Rangemaster Combative Pistol course at West Coast Armory North a few years ago. John had organized the class and was a "student" on the line (talk about a contrast).
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I heard Holschen on one of the podcasts he was on say he still takes 2 classes and attends 1 conference per year. Always a student.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Yep. To me Holschen IS Obi-Wan (at least the wise Alec Guiness version......which is the only one who counts!).

Solid review, it was an absolute pleasure squad-ing with you and JP. When folks bring the requisite skill and do the work before class, it makes for a great day of learning.
    That 5 seconds past green shooting, I recall us looking at each other in amazement.

I shot Hearne’s first two day with you also, and will have another run at that this OCT.

Hope to see you there again.
    Last edited by RegularGuyMatt; 07-08-2024 at 02:17 PM.

User Tag List