Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Double action revolver discussion and general shenanigans

Colt’s New Blue Python

Name:  Blue New Python.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  82.4 KB

I'm tempted but it's going to require more disciplined saving than I'm currently capable of...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    ...I'm tempted but
    I want one too, but I just keep telling myself how uncomfortable that stupid serrated trigger is going to hurt me, and then I lose my desire. (yes I know a polishing wheel could fix that big problem).
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Have we discussed this before? A S&W M20.
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms/...57-magnum.html
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I want one too, but I just keep telling myself how uncomfortable that stupid serrated trigger is going to hurt me, and then I lose my desire. (yes I know a polishing wheel could fix that big problem).
    I keep something like moleskin in my range bag if I'm taking a G19 to minimize slide bite. Since it wouldn't be a high round count thing, I'd utilize it for this as well. Or I'd buy a second trigger to grind.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Have we discussed this before? A S&W M20.
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/firearms/...57-magnum.html
    I think we did in the Short Fuse Enabling thread within the last page or two. Either the M20 or the 620, I don't recall.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Colt’s New Blue Python

Name:  Blue New Python.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  82.4 KB

I'm tempted but it's going to require more disciplined saving than I'm currently capable of...
    If I were looking to buy another 357 that would be the one. I would certainly buy a Colt before I purchased another S&W anything. I've never owned a Colt revolver but they have to have better quality control than S&W these days. I have three 357 S&W revolvers all built before the key lock. Nothing wrong with the lock but quality went to hell about that time. S&W is a more expensive Taurus these days. I have a Taurus at the repair center now but I don't expect them to fix it. Might become a P-F lottery item for parts. Or as they say in the biz, a gunsmith special. Jury is still out.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    If I were looking to buy another 357 that would be the one. I would certainly buy a Colt before I purchased another S&W anything. I've never owned a Colt revolver but they have to have better quality control than S&W these days. I have three 357 S&W revolvers all built before the key lock. Nothing wrong with the lock but quality went to hell about that time. S&W is a more expensive Taurus these days. I have a Taurus at the repair center now but I don't expect them to fix it. Might become a P-F lottery item for parts. Or as they say in the biz, a gunsmith special. Jury is still out.
    Hasn't the Python still been having QC issues? My brother's had to go back to the factory for the action locking up mid trigger pull and also still has light strikes a bit more often than I'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampDweller View Post
    Hasn't the Python still been having QC issues? My brother's had to go back to the factory for the action locking up mid trigger pull and also still has light strikes a bit more often than I'd like.
    I'm not up on the Colt issues. I do know about the S&W issues however.

Maybe some Colt buyers could chime in.

No, I'm not going over to the Colt forum. Those brand specific forums are an echo chamber of I spent my money wisely, prove me wrong heretics .
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-22-2024 at 08:42 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I thought I had a problem with a 3” python shortly after I bought it, turns out the side plate screw was backing out after 50 rds. I tightened it up and there have been no issues since. I’m looking to buy a 5” now.

User Tag List