Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Smith

1911 Smith

Can anyone recommend a 1911 smith without an 8 year wait & trillion dollar price tag? I want work like FS checkering, refinishing, dehorning, & reliability tuning.

Site Supporter
    https://www.geminicustoms.com/

I've used him in the past, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

-Sent using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    https://www.geminicustoms.com/

I've used him in the past, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

-Sent using Tapatalk.
    Thanks! That looks very good.

I would have expected him to at least remove the machining marks from the work he posts on his gallery. Weird.

We handled the transfer for one of his full custom sp101's. It was a thing of beauty.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Site Supporter
    Good 1911 smith here.

http://1911doctor.com/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    We handled the transfer for one of his full custom sp101's. It was a thing of beauty.
    I've owned one of his custom revolvers, an SP101, and it was flawless. I had him do a ton of work to it, including removing the warning/legal banner from the side of the barrel, and many functional items like fixing endshake, it was perfect.

I've played with one of his 1911s, and it was truly a work of art. If I could afford to have one of his custom 1911s, I'd own one.

JoJo's in Southington, CT (previously known as Josephs in New Britain) has been my go to 1911 shop for over 20 years, and I put their work up against that of any of the top builders.

This is a pair of 10mm pistols they built for me a year or two ago.

Name:  Jojo 3.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  19.3 KB

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    I would have expected him to at least remove the machining marks from the work he posts on his gallery. Weird.
    Which machining marks were those? Other than the inevitable artifacts inside the ports on that revolver muzzle closeup, I didn't see anything, but this laptop only has a 17" screen.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Which machining marks were those? Other than the inevitable artifacts inside the ports on that revolver muzzle closeup, I didn't see anything, but this laptop only has a 17" screen.
    1911s page, half checkered grips, oval front strap serrations. Third picture from the left. Can't link.

Edit: I am on a 2560x1600 30" monitor and am using full screen to view this, fair warning.
    Last edited by Haraise; 11-26-2012 at 04:24 PM.

User Tag List