Thread: June Rangemaster Newsletter

Site Supporter

June Rangemaster Newsletter

The June edition of Rangemaster’s monthly newsletter is now available. See

https://rangemaster.com/wp-content/u...Newsletter.pdf

Site Supporter
    Thanks Tom!

Good advice on small guns. I've noticed most of the Youtube "reviewers" I see tend to use the extended magazines or pinky rests.

"AIWB tent" is funny. I would note, however, that tenting is not exclusive to appendix carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Good advice on small guns. I've noticed most of the Youtube "reviewers" I see tend to use the extended magazines or pinky rests.
    I can never understand this mode of (not) thinking either. They take a really small gun, add a +3/4/5 mag extension and end up with a 3” barreled gun that’s longer in the grip than a g17…

The true pinky rest, on the other hand, I do find useful as it gives needed control on a small gun, but doesn’t add to the length at the back of the grip which is what typically prints for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    I can never understand this mode of (not) thinking either. They take a really small gun, add a +3/4/5 mag extension and end up with a 3” barreled gun that’s longer in the grip than a g17…

The true pinky rest, on the other hand, I do find useful as it gives needed control on a small gun, but doesn’t add to the length at the back of the grip which is what typically prints for most people.
    In my experience, it's the heel of the grip/magazine that causes printing problems, and rarely the toe, unless the holster has a steep cant.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    In my experience, it's the heel of the grip/magazine that causes printing problems, and rarely the toe, unless the holster has a steep cant.
    Yes. This has been my experience and observation.

A Glock 26/27, with the OEM 12 round (26) or 11 round (27) mag is much easier to conceal than a Glock 19/23, or 17/22, because of what you all are describing as a difference in "heel" length. I always likened it to the difference between a normal 1911,and one that had the "bobtail" cut. However, the added length at the front of the gun,from the 2/1 round extension, makes the gun much easier to shoot compared to using the flush fit mag.

When I carried a 27, I always used the 11 round OEM mag, and now that I've got a 26, going to be carrying with the 12 round mag. No "tenting," and better control of the gun.

User Tag List