Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 and live round ejection

Site Supporter
    YVK,

What is an "LBS"? I've been a Glock shooter and armorer since 1989 and don't ever recall that acronym.

Also, if you want to have some serious second thoughts, conduct the standard 1911 live fire ejection test on a Glock. It's done with a round chambered and no magazine in the gun and you should get clean ejection. The Glocks I've tested will NEVER pass the test and always dump the empty down the magazine well. I've found that magazine spring condition (by pushing up on the feed stack) is a big part of reliable Glock ejection.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    YVK,

What is an "LBS"? I've been a Glock shooter and armorer since 1989 and don't ever recall that acronym.

Also, if you want to have some serious second thoughts, conduct the standard 1911 live fire ejection test on a Glock. It's done with a round chambered and no magazine in the gun and you should get clean ejection. The Glocks I've tested will NEVER pass the test and always dump the empty down the magazine well. I've found that magazine spring condition (by pushing up on the feed stack) is a big part of reliable Glock ejection.
    Wayne, for some reason I thought that the spring that works with extractor is called that way, the Lone Wolf call it SLB, http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=473, but it is probably wrong.
    Thanks for the info, I guess I was worried about nothing.

Site Supporter
    OK, it's the spring loaded bearing and it's a small polymer spacer between the slide cover plate that attaches to the extractor depressor plunger spring. In keeping with the "Dem Bones" theme, the extractor depressor plunger (EDP) spring connects to the EDP itself, which pushes against the end of the extractor, powering same.

There certainly appears to be some issues coming out with Glock extraction lately and I'm hopeful that we get a definitive fix for the issues. I have a fairly new 3rd Gen G19 that is taking a dump extraction wise, about every 200-250 rounds.

i'm somewhere between 12 and 15k on my glock 19, and the extractor holds both 115 grain and 124 grain rounds firmly to the breech face until it hits the ejector.

It has been my experience that most semi autos will dump the extracted live round down the magwell fairly frequently. I had it explained to me that with no magazine present, loaded or otherwise there really isn't anything other than extractor spring pressure to keep the round lined up with the ejector, if the gun is kept in its normal firing position when the slide is manipulated.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    It has been my experience that most semi autos will dump the extracted live round down the magwell fairly frequently.
    That's been my experience as well, especially with Glocks.

User Tag List