Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 and live round ejection

Glock 19 and live round ejection

Does your Glock 19 ejects live round out of a port when magazine is removed, or it only extracts it and round then falls down the magwell?

Thanks.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-01-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Does your Glock 19 ejects live round out of a port when magazine is removed, or it only extracts it and round then falls down the magwell?

Thanks.
    On my Gen3 G19 RTF2, LCI extractor it comes out the side (ejection port). Even when going somewhat slow.

The extractor tension should be enough that it holds a round against the breechface until the ejector kicks it out.

Mine doesn't do that. With mag inside, it kicks it out through port. Without mag, it drags it out and drops into a magwell. Otherwise, pistol had zero issues through almost 8000 rounds. Should I do something about it and what is it that I should do?

I feel a bit stupid about just noticing this, and I am not sure how long this persisted and whether this has been the case all along, but I do believe it did eject it normally before.

The extractor tension should be enough that it holds a round against the breechface until the ejector kicks it out.
    This is how it should work. However, if you've ran 8k through it without issue I see no reason to give it any more time.

Depends how quickly you rack the slide back.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Depends how quickly you rack the slide back.
    Excellent point. Mine will always eject live rounds when I pull the slide back with force. When I ease it back they will often drop through the frame.

Yeah, just tried it again. If I go excruciatingly slow, they'll drop. With ANY real movement they go out the side.

On my brand new (shot 85 rounds) Gen3 G19, I can make the rounds fall through the magwell by going real slow and holding it at an angle so the ejection port is pointing at least a little up. But the extractor holds it good and steady until the ejector pushes it off towards the ejection port. I have to go slow enough that the cartridge is only reoriented by the ejector, rather than actually ejected - then it's oriented so the bullet is on the ejection port ledge, and gravity decides which way it falls when the extractor lets go.

We'll see how this changes as the round count goes up.

Problem solved, SteveK was closest, both spring and extractor were culprits.

A simple analysis pointed to them as a source of a problem. Ejection became progressively worse with bullet weight - near normal with snap caps, reasonable with 115 grain, worse with 124, and worst with 147. The problem may have been masked by the fact that I usually rotate gun with port up when I eject the round.

Replacement of LBS considerably improved situation. I then replaced extractor and it now ejects everything in any pistol orientation. Of interest, I couldn't appreciate any visible wear on old extractors.

For those who are in data points - the extractor and LBS were 8456 rounds old and, as I said above, this pistol has not had any stoppages.

P.S. 13 hours later: I find it ironic that on today's range trip another part - slide stop spring - broke down, leading to a few premature slide locks. I think this pistol is telling me it wants preventative service done.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-02-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: P.S.

User Tag List