Thread: XD-9 night sight mounting

XD-9 night sight mounting

anyone have any tips for mounting night sights? not sure what the entire procedure is. any knowledge on this subject would be appreciated

Sight pusher helps. Keep in mind that the rear sight might not come off at all. They are pressed on at the factory. I've actually broken a sight pusher before trying to get them off.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Youtube is your friend.

How to install the front and rear dovetail sights. He is using different guns in these videos, but the procedure is the same.

"I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

If you've never done it or don't have the right equipment I strongly suggest you find a local gunsmith to do it for you. The majority of them will install sights for free. You can really screw up/break a slide beyond repair putting on sights if you don't know what you're doing.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    XD sights can be a bear. I guess dovetail cutters aren't cheap in Croatia or something, so they only change them when they absolutely have to and this results in sight dovetails, especially rear ones, that are just absurdly tight. The guys back at the shop often had to resort to hucking them up in the Bridgeport and milling most of the old sight out.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    XD sights can be a bear. I guess dovetail cutters aren't cheap in Croatia or something, so they only change them when they absolutely have to and this results in sight dovetails, especially rear ones, that are just absurdly tight. The guys back at the shop often had to resort to hucking them up in the Bridgeport and milling most of the old sight out.
    In Croatia, sight dovetails you.

Quote Originally Posted by iGlock View Post
    In Croatia, sight dovetails you.
    Attachment 1176
    Ignore Alien Orders

Check the services here http://www.xd-hs2000.com/xd-hs2000/G..._Services.html

Cost for customer supplied sight install is $20 including return shipping. James did my P30 straight eights and several others. Turn around is fast and he has provided great CS each time. Just follow shipping instructions and its pretty straight forward.
    Taking a break from social media.

Remove from left to right (towards ejection port side).
    Install from the opposite way.

I had to use a Dremel & cutoff wheel to slice through 80% of my rear sight in the long direction (from side to side) in order to break it loose.

If you do not have cutoff wheel experience and patience, (mostly patience) you WILL likely damage your slide doing this. I was successful with my XD40, but if there were a competent smith close enough to me I would have used him instead of doing it myself. Too easy to mutilate your slide IMO.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

User Tag List