Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Windham Weaponry AR??

Well if we are airing it out............

I spend a good deal of my carbine my money at Noveske Rifleworks. For the general area price of a 6920, or DD, I can pretty much pick the features, barrel, barrel length, twist, flash hider, perma-fixed or not, rail of choice, Troy irons, etc., and end up with a 3/4 custom rifle that does everything I expect it to do. I'm not a "right now" purchaser, when it makes sense to be patient. No, I can't go into the LGS, or Bass Pro and walk out with my rifle, but I get exactly what I want, nothing I don't, and I am not dumping a ton of cash over the life of the rifle to get it where I want it from a base 6920, or basic DD Recce.

I also know that every critical part is inspected as it should be, all components are of the highest quality available anywhere, and if ever I had an issue with the gun, getting it taken care of is a phone call away. Only downside to that is that I have to wait until noon to place that call. Damn time zones.

But 5 of John's rifles later, and another being built, plus some custom work on a SCAR16, I have yet to make a call about an issue.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Well if we are airing it out............

I spend a good deal of my carbine my money at Noveske Rifleworks. For the general area price of a 6920, or DD, I can pretty much pick the features, barrel, barrel length, twist, flash hider, perma-fixed or not, rail of choice, Troy irons, etc., and end up with a 3/4 custom rifle that does everything I expect it to do. I'm not a "right now" purchaser, when it makes sense to be patient. No, I can't go into the LGS, or Bass Pro and walk out with my rifle, but I get exactly what I want, nothing I don't, and I am not dumping a ton of cash over the life of the rifle to get it where I want it from a base 6920, or basic DD Recce.

I also know that every critical part is inspected as it should be, all components are of the highest quality available anywhere, and if ever I had an issue with the gun, getting it taken care of is a phone call away. Only downside to that is that I have to wait until noon to place that call. Damn time zones.

But 5 of John's rifles later, and another being built, plus some custom work on a SCAR16, I have yet to make a call about an issue.
    My Noveske rifles have also been solid performers.
    Pat

Thanks for the comments and feedback, folks, although it seems we drifted more into a "why I don't like Bushmaster" instead of "here is my experience with Windham." Not unusual for the internet!
    FWIW my fighting rifle is a Colt SP-1 transition model, sort of a hybrid A1/A2, and I was considering the Windham as a lightweight spare play-around gun. But I ended up splitting the difference, as they say. Got a good deal on a TV for the kids, and went with a less expensive gun...ordered a DCM M1 Garand.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Thanks for the comments and feedback, folks, although it seems we drifted more into a "why I don't like Bushmaster" instead of "here is my experience with Windham." Not unusual for the internet!
    I haven't any experience with H5N1, but given its close genetic relationship to strains of influenza I have had experience with, I see no reason to go get infected just to find out what it's like.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Armstrong View Post
    Thanks for the comments and feedback, folks, although it seems we drifted more into a "why I don't like Bushmaster" instead of "here is my experience with Windham."
    That's because it's the same factory in the same location with the same CEO as Bushmaster. Not a big leap to make to think that WW will be like Bushmaster particularly after watching a factory tour where the workers were using less than professional assembly techniques.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by iGlock View Post
    I love BCM. I actually run a 14.5 BCM on my 6920 lower. But damn if full BCM's aren't made of Unobtanium right now. I've never actually seen a complete BCM rifle in person or in stock.
    Most lgs aren't interested in stocking quality rifles when dpms etc... Are cheaper and can be sold at a higher margin.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    Most lgs aren't interested in stocking quality rifles when dpms etc... Are cheaper and can be sold at a higher margin.
    This Is Truth.

Conversely, and you can back me up on this, most customers are hard to sell on the idea that a BCM/DD is worth the difference over a Bushhamster/DPMS. (Or a Baer over a Kimber, or an HK over an XD, or...)

You have to stock what you can sell, but dammit, you have to draw a line somewhere. It's a tough row to hoe...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    This Is Truth.

Conversely, and you can back me up on this, most customers are hard to sell on the idea that a BCM/DD is worth the difference over a Bushhamster/DPMS. (Or a Baer over a Kimber, or an HK over an XD, or...)

You have to stock what you can sell, but dammit, you have to draw a line somewhere. It's a tough row to hoe...
    True. Having actually actually used an M4 in combat, I value quality. Luckily my LGS stocks plenty of high end guns. I still have never seen a BCM rifle though. I inquired as to such & they said they tried but BCM is so far behind they just don't have any rifles to send. I guess it's hard for a brick & mortar store. You have to stock what people will buy & that's usually the cheapest crap available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    This Is Truth.

I actually sell quite a few colts, Daniels, bcm, knights, and noveskes. It's easy to do when I pull a bushy or dpms off the wall, tear it down and show them how it's been improperly manufactured. We sell dpms and bushys to people that force us to. But it's not because we didn't tell them to buy something else.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks2112 View Post
    It's easy to do when I pull a bushy or dpms off the wall, tear it down and show them how it's been improperly manufactured.
    If it has been "improperly manufactured" why are you stocking it? You're just trying to upsell me to get a bigger commission. My buddy has a DPMS and it works fine. You gun store clerks are full of it! I read on AR15.com that Bushmaster made guns for the Army...

User Tag List