Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Living in the NPE - Building Bruce Wayne (rehosted)

Living in the NPE - Building Bruce Wayne (rehosted)

In the recent thread (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....trainings-take), there was some mention of the NPE thread that was on TPI. Given the difficulty of trying to access TPI these days, I went ahead and pulled the entire thread and compiled it into a single PDF file. @SouthNarc has blessed this rehosting. While not the ideal format, due to the steps needed to bring the text from the PDF files to this thread for further discussion, I hope it remains useful and can generate further thought.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14jk...ew?usp=sharing

Very awesome, what a time machine trip. There’ll never be another place like TPI and that thread is easily in my top 5 “formative reads” on the internet.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

You rock, @Default.mp3
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I learned a ton reading through that thread when I was younger and just getting started carrying a handgun concealed. I’m going to enjoy reading it again. Thank you for this.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Back in the late 2K era, I worked as a mechanic in an NPE. My carry gun at the time was a Baby Browning in the pocket.
    For one, any larger pistol carried IWB or AIWB would be very visible as I'm reaching, ducking, rolling around on the floor, leaning over, and all of the other necessary contortionism needed to repair vehicles. And this in an area that was wide open, and visible to the people walking to the public park right across the street.

Also, having a pistol in the waistband would become very uncomfortable, very fast, and potentially be a means of scratching people's paintjobs.

Had I to do it over again, I'd probably upgun to at least a Ruger LCP- but I'd stick to pocket toting.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

@Default.mp3 amazing, thank you. I tried to log in a few days ago because I wanted to re-read that thread but wasn't able to get it to load.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Timely... My daughter has a new gig that involves the wearing a scrubs. Too, like most young ladies, she is very conscious of wanting to look nice when out and about. She will carry a Gen 1 Walther PPS IWB at times, but has complained about the size and weight of that pistol for regular carry. Now, with the new gig, she *really* wants something easier to carry - in scrubs for errands after work. For the time being at least, we will re-purpose an LCP that doesn't get much use, but I have been a little stymied on holsters for this application. I am thinking that something with Utliclips might work, but haven't found a good solution. (She is not going to fool with anything like an Enigma. But she does use a "cross-body" thing while in scrubs. I have explained to here the downside of using such a rig for carry and just in general, but I'm sure the cross-body will persist. I think a discreet (A)IWB rig worn in conjunction with the cross-body might be a pretty good solution.) Holster suggestions?

Note: She works in a hospital in a fairly large metro area. I'm not super stoked about this and explained to her that hospitals attract stupid. She has already observed the stupid in her short time at the new gig. So the concern is real - even though she will *not* be carrying while on the clock.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

I've tried multiple times to access TPI over the last couple of years for some of the awesome old threads so this is a Godsend.

I miss TPI.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I miss TPI.
    Im glad to know that I am not the only one not able to access TPI. There is a wealth of knowledge. I dont think I have ever posted as Ive never found much I could add.

User Tag List