Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Non political disucussion about states with looming AWBs

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    To piggy back on you it’s how they ban it. I cooks buy a pile of cool shit and be stuck with either having to transfer it out of state at cost and hoping I don’t loose money. Or destroying it.
    That's the situation here in WA. now. Legal to own but you better have a receipt for your 20 rd. mags to prove you purchased those before the 10 rd mag restrictions went into effect if you want to use those in public. Everyone's going to address that differently but I just sold most of my >10 rd mags to avoid the hassle. I don't own an AR and never did. If I wanted a rifle for SD I'd probably just buy a SBR in a pistol caliber.

It's hard to know what the state will come up with when they move to restrict semi-auto rifles, but magazine restrictions seem to be the first step for legislators and the easiest one to pass. I've known WA was on that course for 5 years or more and purchased my pistols accordingly.

Edit.

I don't want a safe full of pistols, rifles or magazines I can't sell.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-01-2024 at 08:04 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    If 10 round mag limits are the norm 9mm or 45 acp single stack 1911s make a lot of sense for concealed carry
    Personally, I’d take my EDC X9 over a single stack 9mm for carry, even if I was limited to 10 round magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    The bolded part is not correct.
    I just went and re-read and searched the text of the latest draft… the .22 rimfire exemption is only for tubular magazines.
    I found the part that confused me in the bill, from page 11:

(b) "A SSAULT WEAPON " DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY FIREARM THAT12
    HAS BEEN MADE PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE ; AN ANTIQUE FIREARM13
    MANUFACTURED BEFORE 1899; A REPLICA OF AN ANTIQUE FIREARM; A14
    FIREARM THAT IS MANUALLY OPERATED BY BOLT , PUMP , LEVER, SLIDE15
    ACTION, UNLESS THE FIREARM IS A SHOTGUN WITH A REVOLVING16
    CYLINDER; OR A FIREARM THAT CAN ONLY FIRE RIMFIRE AMMUNITION .

Wouldn't the semicolon at the end there before the statement about rimfire ammunition mean that rimfire weapons are part of that "does not include" list?

(I did see the part earlier about tubular mags that you referred to.)

Site Supporter
    Yep- I think you’re right. I had just searched on “.22 caliber”. Didn’t occur to me that they’d classify all rimfire together.
    So I guess .22 rimfire rifles with tubular magazines get exempted twice. 😜

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    I found the part that confused me in the bill, from page 11:

(b) "A SSAULT WEAPON " DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY FIREARM THAT12
    HAS BEEN MADE PERMANENTLY INOPERABLE ; AN ANTIQUE FIREARM13
    MANUFACTURED BEFORE 1899; A REPLICA OF AN ANTIQUE FIREARM; A14
    FIREARM THAT IS MANUALLY OPERATED BY BOLT , PUMP , LEVER, SLIDE15
    ACTION, UNLESS THE FIREARM IS A SHOTGUN WITH A REVOLVING16
    CYLINDER; OR A FIREARM THAT CAN ONLY FIRE RIMFIRE AMMUNITION .

Wouldn't the semicolon at the end there before the statement about rimfire ammunition mean that rimfire weapons are part of that "does not include" list?

(I did see the part earlier about tubular mags that you referred to.)

Well stocked in all the banned type of firearms, parts and mags. Really nothing else I need or want. Fortunately it hasn’t hit my state yet. The one thing that really concerns me is the attack on ammunition as that is always in the need to restore/restock.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    ammunition as that is always in the need to restore/restock.
    I remember people hated it but we had some IDPA matches during the ammo panics of the 00s that were designed specifically around limited stages and exactly 50 rounds. So people could bring a box of ammo and barring some need for a reshoot get by with just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's the situation here in WA. now. Legal to own but you better have a receipt for your 20 rd. mags to prove you purchased those before the 10 rd mag restrictions went into effect if you want to use those in public. Everyone's going to address that differently but I just sold most of my >10 rd mags to avoid the hassle. I don't own an AR and never did. If I wanted a rifle for SD I'd probably just buy a SBR in a pistol caliber.

It's hard to know what the state will come up with when they move to restrict semi-auto rifles, but magazine restrictions seem to be the first step for legislators and the easiest one to pass. I've known WA was on that course for 5 years or more and purchased my pistols accordingly.

Edit.

I don't want a safe full of pistols, rifles or magazines I can't sell.
    There is no receipt required for grandfathered standard capacity magazines in Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    There is no receipt required for grandfathered standard capacity magazines in Washington
    I was going by the legislation that was proposed. I see that now after I read the RCW. The hang up would be having to sell them to a dealer to be sold out of state. No dealer that I know would do that without a transfer fee which would make the sale a yuge loser financially. Scrap metal when you can no use them yourself.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Looks like Colorado’s AWB bill is dead for this year!

Not sure how much damage we are going to take this session but the biggest threat has been withdrawn.

A sigh of relief as I have another year to get ready….

Optimists study English; pessimists study Chinese; and realists learn to use a Kalashnikov.

Congrats guys but never let your guard down. It’s not over yet.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List