Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are all 9mm Glocks the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I'm sure @blues and @GAP will be along at some point to add to the discussion.
    My favorite, and carry of choice, as my friend Jason well knows, is a Glock 26. Either a Gen 2.5 or Gen 5.

I have others...specifically G19 and G17, but if I could only have one, it would be the 26 because of its versatility and reliability.

I've not owned any of the slimline guns as they do not seem to fit my grip well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    One thing I've observed is that neither of my 26.5 like the 12 round Magpul mags. I like the secure design and feel of the extensions they make. The mags work without a hitch in my Gen 2.5 and 3 26's but they choke the new guns promptly. Others here have not had that same experience.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

One thing I've observed is that neither of my 26.5 like the 12 round Magpul mags. I like the secure design and feel of the extensions they make. The mags work without a hitch in my Gen 2.5 and 3 26's but they choke the new guns promptly. Others here have not had that same experience.
    I have not tried any of my 12 round Magpuls in the Gen 5 due to early reports of issues, and my Magpuls are some years old. So, if they updated, I don't own them.

Add to that the fact that one of my OEM Glock 12 rounders had a repeatable issue, (not my two other 12 round OEMs), and I'm sticking with the OEM 10 round magazine in the gun, and a 15 round OEM backup.

FWIW, the Magpuls are flawless in my Gen 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by GmanVP9 View Post
    26 over the 19? I thought the 19 was the "gold standard"
    Handle a 26 first. The grip on them is just too short for me.

12 Round PMags work well in my G26.4, but they needed break-in. When new, they would only hold 11 without causing the slide to bind and fail to feed.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

The Glock 17 is the gold standard. The G19 is an excellent compromise of a gun that works well enough for concealed carry while also working well enough for overt duty use. I remember reading somewhere that the 17 edges the 19 out in reliability when looking at huge sample sizes shooting large amounts of ammo over a longer timeframe but can’t recall where I saw that info. I’m also a big G26 fan because it’s such a versatile pistol. It can be pocket or ankle carried and it can be belt carried. If you want more ammo or a larger grip, you can use the magazines from the larger guns. To those who say if you can conceal a 26, you can conceal a 19, maybe YOU can. Not everyone has the same body dimensions or clothing requirements and that extra almost-an-inch of frame length makes a difference for those people. I’ve found the G26 to be noticeably easier to conceal than a G19. It’s not by a massive margin, but it’s clear. If you can’t handle the dangling pinky, Pearce makes excellent +0 pinky extensions that allow a full three finger grip on the front while not adding any length to the back of the frame, which is where you’re actually going to print.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Handle a 26 first. The grip on them is just too short for me.
    Absolutely. I was speaking from a reliability standpoint only. I had actually read a bunch of threads where people found they shoot the 26 better. Which was surprising to me.

Ive found the 26 to be like my other 9mm Glocks and that is that they run 100% with stock glock parts. Most of the reliability issues Ive heard of are when folks tinker and add not OEM items. I have never had issue with GAP base plates or the sights on my 26 which are the only two after market items I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I am not saying this as a Glock apologist, or a Glock “fan-boy.” Specified 9mm Glocks were, quite simply, the least of four evils, among the duty pistols I was allowed to use, during a large portion of my policin’ days.
    To correct one mis-statement, in my above-quoted previous post: Specified .40 S&W and 9mm Glocks were, quite simply, the least of four evils, among the duty pistols I was allowed to use, during a large portion of my policin’ days.

I reluctantly transitioned from using “grandfathered” 1911 duty pistols, in 2002, because the then-mandated duty holster was a poor design, for 1911 pistols. The Glock G22 seemed to be the least of the four evils, at that time. When I became aware of the slimmer factory trigger option, for the P229, the P229 became the least-evil option for my uniformed duty assignment, which remained true until Gen4 Glocks appeared. Plain-clothed investigators could carry a 9mm G19, all along, but I wore a uniform. I did buy a pair of Gen4 G19 pistols, in order to have them, if my assignment changed to plain-clothed. When my then-chief decided to OK 9mm to again be a duty cartridge, for all personnel, I retired my P229, switched back to Glock, 9mm G17 this time, due to it being much more “orthopedic” for my aging hands, and Gen4, for its better fit.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    ... switched back to Glock, 9mm G17 this time, due to it being much more “orthopedic” for my aging hands, and Gen4, for its better fit.
    I think my Gen 4 G17 was my best shooting Glock right out of the box. (But it's my dedicated nightstand gun, doesn't get carried.)

User Tag List