Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Short-Fused Enabling, Self-Littering Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    There’s a PF FS/T subforum but it’s only visible to site supporters.

If you get outbid and can live with a DAK in .357, I know where one is that’s on consignment (not by me). It’s been there a minute so the consignor might be motivated to deal.
    Thanks, I believe I could learn DAK pretty well though not as nice as LEM, as a few months ago I handled a 239 DAK, but not ready to get into .357 Sig (unless that's like an under $380 buy now) though I think the HST round in that caliber would likely be an amazing round if called on.

I like my 40 nice and cheap because people parrot hearsay saying it sucks...

Vending Machine Operator
    Y'all are nice, I was only pretend mad. Free market is gonna free market. We'll see what happens.

awp, I wish I liked DAK, I really do, but I had a P229 DAK for a while and it was never a love connection.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If you feel like cheap and cutting-edge, a new Taurus TH-40 for $125 with a day to go.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1048005065
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    If you feel like cheap and cutting-edge, a new Taurus TH-40 for $125 with a day to go...
    This went for a several boxes of ammo under Bud's pricing shipped and transferred so someone got a neat deal.

Since the Trigger Guard rounded I thought this may go under $550 but $600 now w 3 hours to go

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1042319751

Vending Machine Operator
    Even though somebody else won the 239, I really like this thread and hope it keeps going.

In other impulse control news, I've decided on getting an M&P Metal (the grey cerakote one).

I know it's pointless as a race gun. I know it's aluminum, not steel. I know there's no practical reason to get one when I already have plenty of Glocks and M&Ps.

But I already have a large rack of guns including everything I could conceivably need for practical purposes. Now I want this one because I think it looks neat. The fact that it happens to match my second most shot/carried gun series in trigger and accessories is just a happy bonus.

Enable on, enablers.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Even though somebody else won the 239, I really like this thread and hope it keeps going.

In other impulse control news, I've decided on getting an M&P Metal (the grey cerakote one).

I know it's pointless as a race gun. I know it's aluminum, not steel. I know there's no practical reason to get one when I already have plenty of Glocks and M&Ps.

But I already have a large rack of guns including everything I could conceivably need for practical purposes. Now I want this one because I think it looks neat. The fact that it happens to match my second most shot/carried gun series in trigger and accessories is just a happy bonus.

Enable on, enablers.
    Looks Neat, it almost as good as Looks Cool, and totally justifiable.

No More Plastic 9s........

Unless they are Green or Grey framed...that doesn't count....

Enable on

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!

Sig P239?

While I mostly shoot Glocks, I have found a new love for metal/alloy framed 9mms. I recently picked up a Beretta 92FS, did the LTT make over and love it!

That got me thinking about picking up a P225. I have always wanted one of those, but living in CA makes finding used guns hit or miss. Then along comes a local deal for a 95% Sig P239 with six magazines for $650. It looks like factory Sig magazines are about 45 dollars a piece, so in my enabling gun math formula, that would make the pistol about 380 dollars. I am not sure how I can pass this up. I think it would scratch the P225 itch as well.

I don't know much about the P239 other than it appears to be a solid gun, accurate, and was once a competitor with the Glock 19. It appears to be a duty quality gun and had some acceptance in the LEO realm.

What do you all think, should I pick it up? Any thoughts on the P239? It would strictly be for fun and shooting in the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    While I mostly shoot Glocks, I have found a new love for metal/alloy framed 9mms. I recently picked up a Beretta 92FS, did the LTT make over and love it!

That got me thinking about picking up a P225. I have always wanted one of those, but living in CA makes finding used guns hit or miss. Then along comes a local deal for a 95% Sig P239 with six magazines for $650. It looks like factory Sig magazines are about 45 dollars a piece, so in my enabling gun math formula, that would make the pistol about 380 dollars. I am not sure how I can pass this up. I think it would scratch the P225 itch as well.

I don't know much about the P239 other than it appears to be a solid gun, accurate, and was once a competitor with the Glock 19. It appears to be a duty quality gun and had some acceptance in the LEO realm.

What do you all think, should I pick it up? Any thoughts on the P239? It would strictly be for fun and shooting in the desert.
    If in Cali yes if you see the decock lever where it should be and DA/SA. Mayne no if missing and DAK go trigger pull it both modes and see.

I too have been wanting a p239 though I'd want 40 and put +1 baseplate.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post

I’ve always liked the P239, never owned one though. I’d jump on that!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List