Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice: LTT PX4 CC vs LTT 92 Compact

The PX4 carries much more comfortably and is super easy to conceal. Extremely flat shooting.

With the caveat that what works for me may not work for you, I prefer the LTT Centurion. I tried the PX4 and it didn’t work for me at all; 100% subjective of course.

The shortened grip of the 92 Compact aids in concealment, but was awkward in my hand.

I settled on the LTT Centurion. I have two. A DA/SA that I bought direct from LTT and DAO police trade-in that I sent to LTT for the works. I’m very happy with both.

Own salvation, and all that.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

I might be off in the weeds (and working off very old urban lore) on this but here goes.

My concern with the PX4 would be it's shorter barrel not producing the velocity required to get peak performance from a defensive round. As a rule of thumb, I tend to stay away from the shorter barrels. The Sig P365XL (3.7") is about as short as I'm willing to go. I'm sure ammo selection would have an impact on the shorter barrel viability.

Again, might just be talking out of my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    I might be off in the weeds (and working off very old urban lore) on this but here goes.

My concern with the PX4 would be it's shorter barrel not producing the velocity required to get peak performance from a defensive round. As a rule of thumb, I tend to stay away from the shorter barrels. The Sig P365XL (3.7") is about as short as I'm willing to go. I'm sure ammo selection would have an impact on the shorter barrel viability.

I think that's reasonable and was a concern of mine, getting into the PX4 recently. But the P365 and it's even shorter 3.1" barrel seems to be incredibly popular, including as an off-duty or backup gun for LE, I haven't heard of any of them issuing a different ammunition type for the P365, and Hornady's LE website says that their Critical Duty line is designed to meet FBI requirements for penetration out of all barrel lengths (although their data uses the Glock 17 for both 135-gr 9mm Critical Duty loads and the P365 for their 124-gr +P Critical Duty).
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

I may be the odd man out here, but I look at the PX4 Compact (or PX4 Compact Carry2) with its short little muzzle and think of holster roll out with most of the pistol's weight above the beltline. It may tend to tip out away from my body, even with my stiff wilderness belt. I'm probably just barking at the moon, and I don’t know what I’m talking about.

On second thought, if I had a Compact Carry, I'd probably order a "long" AIWB holster for it from JM Custom and drive on without any issues. I doubt if there would be enough 9mm velocity loss with the 3 1/4" barrel to cause worry

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post

Last edited by UpDok; 04-23-2024 at 04:30 PM.
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    I may be the odd man out here, but I look at the PX4 Compact (or PX4 Compact Carry2) with its short little muzzle and think of holster roll out with most of the pistol's weight above the beltline. It may tend to tip out away from my body, even with my stiff wilderness belt. I'm probably just barking at the moon, and I don’t know what I’m talking about.

On second thought, if I had a Compact Carry, I'd probably order a "long" AIWB holster for it from JM Custom and drive on without any issues. I doubt if there would be enough 9mm velocity loss with the 3 1/4" barrel to cause worry
    I had this concern, but haven’t had any issues carrying my PX4CC in a JMCK OWB2. Good holster design to the rescue.

Now if you want rollout, try carrying a P7 OWB…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post

I think that’s what most would do!

While I much prefer the 92 full size, the PX4 compact is way better than the 92 Compact. Pretty much everything was just slightly wrong on my old 92 compact (and it was a LTT). I think the PX4 is the king of the mid/compact autoloaders.

Site Supporter
    My PX4s are compacts and my 92s are full size, so take my comment for the very little it's worth, but I would go with the PX4 compacts over a compact 92. I shoot mostly Glocks, but the PX4c is a great pistol. Of course I might love the 92 compact and just not know it yet...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    While I much prefer the 92 full size, the PX4 compact is way better than the 92 Compact. Pretty much everything was just slightly wrong on my old 92 compact (and it was a LTT). I think the PX4 is the king of the mid/compact autoloaders.
    What did you not like about the 92 compact?

User Tag List