Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have the bug for a 22

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    Not sure on your budget but my Volquartsen Black Mamba has a stupid name but it is easily my most fun pistol to shoot. My only complaint (other than the price) is the magazine only holding 10 rounds.
    oh should have specfied. I think for pistols alone willing to get closer to a grand but preferably under. IDeally 500-750 but I'm in no rush, if theres a persuasive argument for saving for longer im all ears

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Ditto. I got a 322 as a staff raffle prize at a USPSA match I worked last year. I was planning on selling it, but after shooting it I found it's a pretty good gun so I kept it. More reliable than the G44 I used to own, and it has a threaded barrel by default (which is extra on the G44) and can mount an optic (which the G44 can't).
    All the models I'm seeing on SIG's website have flush non-threaded bbls. am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    All the models I'm seeing on SIG's website have flush non-threaded bbls. am I missing something?
    There's an included adapter.

A buddy was at the range last week with a fellow doing side by side silencer comparisons. One of the pistols involved was an FN 502. First one I've seen but it was a nice shooter and won't break the bank.

Another vote for the Taurus TX-22 Compact here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have the Glock 44 suppressor ready pistol with a Gemtech Outback IID that I recently got back from having it updated to the monocore system since it broke the blast baffle and was a pain to clean all those baffles. Haven’t shot the new suppressor yet, busy weekend. But more on the pistol, it’s my third one and all 3 have been trouble free. First one I bought went well over 10,000 rounds and I just quit counting. Bought a spare and shot it quite a bit then had the red dot bug cause I was blind and couldn’t see irons. After looking at several options, I finally sold both of them and bought an AA slide cut for a red dot and it would not work with a HS 407C. Sent that back and picked up my current G44 after breaking down and getting real glasses that work for me.

I did put the Glock Performance Trigger in this one and after a rough go, it started working just fine and now it shoots more accurately much easier. I really like the G44.

I recently bought a Ruger MK IV 22/45 Lite and stuck a Sig Romeo5 on it along with a TK comp, trigger and blast baffle. I really like this one too. I’ve got about 1500 rounds on it and have had 2 dud rounds, other than those 2, it’s gone bang every time. I do recommend taking the factory rail off and loctiting the screws. The first SC match I shot with it, I noticed the rail was almost loose enough to fall off. I finished the match like that cause I was still hitting the plates dead center, everyone got a laugh but they were waiting for it to fly off there I’m sure.

One of the guys I shoot with has the TX22 and the Sig 322 both with dots and they both run good. I think any of the 4 are fine choices.

The .22 Beretta Cheetah (87) is the class act to beat. The new 80X is not yet offered in .22 but that might be worth waiting for.
    My apologies to weasels.

I have no personal experience (am still Can-Curious) but I have always wondered about the TacSol integral suppressor.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    My G44 has been amazingly reliable and is just a great little pistol. Not sure how it does with an optic though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Is the Glock 40 any good?
    I’ve been thinking about a G44 myself. Just don’t get a G40 (6” 10mm cannon) thinking it’s a .22!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I’ve been thinking about a G44 myself. Just don’t get a G40 (6” 10mm cannon) thinking it’s a .22!
    Haha, well I was close enough with the numbers

User Tag List