Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Pistol-trainings take

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Speaking of the Enigma, I have a question. How low can the Enigma ride? For example, if I wanted to keep a G19 around my waistline/waistband, is that possible? It’s one concealment option I haven’t tried
    Rhett explains it here better than I can. I'm about his size and I find the G19 doable in deep carry, but it's on the ragged edge for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    Depends on your body type and belt and pants position but generally yes. How low it can ride is mostly dependent on whether you're wearing pants with a belt and where that belt rides. If it's in the wrong position relative to your belt it can interfere with your draw some. That's relatively easy to adjust for with my body type and dress style (or lack of it) but I could see it being an issue for some.
    Thanks so much! This is really helpful, I'm going to pick one up tomorrow and try it out. I think with the way I dress, this can be really useful for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Thanks so much! This is really helpful, I'm going to pick one up tomorrow and try it out. I think with the way I dress, this can be really useful for me.
    You might consider picking up a mule tape leg leash from Levo and maybe some of their other stuff. It's pretty reasonably priced and if you don't end up using it they make good presents for people you like, but not that much.

https://www.levodesigns.com/product/...e-leg-leash-2/

I had the SME title under my name when that was a thing. That was Todd's wish, not mine.

I still interact when I can and occasionally post some substantive content.

40+ weeks a year on the road makes it hard to be consistent.

I try and keep my narcissism and cuntiness in check.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I had the SME title under my name when that was a thing. That was Todd's wish, not mine.

Thanks for the laugh, Craig. Needed that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post

You are not an SME because someone gave you that title. You are an SME because you spent the time learning and then repeatedly demonstrated your skill and knowledge.

I am glad you jumped into this thread because you are an example of something else: In the 20+ years I have interacted with you online, you have always been humble and trying to learn. That continued willingness to learn is how you ended up at the top of your game.

I try to teach my kids that the best people in any field are the ones who understand that they do not know everything and are always trying to learn more.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by centex View Post
    Rhett explains it here better than I can. I'm about his size and I find the G19 doable in deep carry, but it's on the ragged edge for me.

One thing to keep in mind about Rhett's methods...in addition to insane levels of commitment to practice is that the man has a badonk.
    Junk in the trunk. Booty. A tush.
    Which supports his britches.
    Lacking both his commitment and his ass, his ideas just don't work for me.
    Plus, I (very wisely, I might add) carry an emergency calorie supply conveniently located at my beltline.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    One thing to keep in mind about Rhett's methods...in addition to insane levels of commitment to practice is that the man has a badonk.
    Junk in the trunk. Booty. A tush.
    Which supports his britches.
    Lacking both his commitment and his ass, his ideas just don't work for me.
    Plus, I (very wisely, I might add) carry an emergency calorie supply conveniently located at my beltline.
    While I agree with you about Rhett's insane level of commitment to practice, I do think that his ideas can work for multiple body types. As I mentioned, I'm built not too dissimilar to Rhett having stood beside him and taken his class on this topic. That said, also in the class were several other folks who looked nothing like me in stature or build who were able to apply the principles of deep carry and make it work for them. Not suggesting that it's for everyone, but I wouldn't let differences in body type be the driver of the decision to investigate it further.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Mine makes AIWB with something like a G19 size gun pretty clunky, but the cylinder of a J just drops into a pouch between my belly and hip like it was made for one...

Site Supporter
    After carrying an XMacro for month's I figured I'll be going back to one of my XL' s at times with warm weather and thinner shirts, since I hadn't shot one in a while, I pulled one out of the safe after dinner last night and shot 4 HST's, a 7yd failure drill with 2 in a B8 10 ring and one in the center of a 3x5, then one in the center of a 10" plate @ 25 in 3.28. Certainly not up there in PF standards but, after months of strong side shoulder / neck PT, I'm satisfied and comfortable with the XL in a JM 2.5 as being capable.

User Tag List