Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol-trainings take

@BillSWPA, great description of the NPE lifestyle.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    @BillSWPA, great description of the NPE lifestyle.
    Which is why it is frequently a snubbie /P32 type of lifestyle.

I thought it was a good article that not only explains what he carries, but maybe inspires others to think of their EDC and what they may be capable of. To me it was a reminder that although I’m retired, I should be more cognizant of what I carry and why.

Who's "SLG" and why should anyone listen to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    He was one of Todd’s closest friends and very accomplished as a shooter. Plus, he has the professional expertise to put further emphasis behind his words about shooting at a high level. Just do a search for “SLG” here and you’ll find some absolutely fantastic threads. To hear that he was taking over P-T was just… right. He’s done a lot of good things over there.

In Todd’s own words.

That said, the referenced post does seem a little tone deaf. I think Werner calls it the “Target Challenge” or something but the only way I’ve passed it was with a 43 in an ankle holster. The whole discussion over concealment gets too nuanced very quickly and, like has been said upthread, everyone needs to assess their own context and needs. Use your tools to maximize your life, not dictate it.

FWIW, I’ll be in flip flops and shorts with a LCR or G19 from May to September, unless activities demand otherwise. I’m sure the ISIS hit squad will put my head on a pike.

Defoor used to have a good little micro-rant about the anti-flip flop crowd at his classes but, again, contexts.
    Last edited by PNWTO; 04-21-2024 at 11:53 PM.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    He’s the real deal. Hell, he’s probably not even the best shooter in his family, and he’s still the real deal. I’m still not sold on the article in the OP, but I’ll be following the new P-T.com for sure.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I read Pistol Training every Saturday when SLG posts new stuff. He makes good points which I learn from, and I rarely disagree with him. This article is the rare exception.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    He’s the real deal. Hell, he’s probably not even the best shooter in his family, and he’s still the real deal. I’m still not sold on the article in the OP, but I’ll be following the new P-T.com for sure.
    Gotcha.

He's a "Jim Grover" (aka Kelly McCann) kind of guy.

Thanks.

I believe that there is some value in encouraging the general run of normie CC'ers to up their carry game via better guns, holsters, belts and sundry.

How many people tote tiny guns they can't really shoot in unsafe sausage sack holsters flopping around on inadequate belts? Educating the populace that a good belt & holster combo make it a lot easier to conceal a more shootable gun has the potential additional benefit of more safety & security (with proper training).

But even some absolutely in the know may make the informed choice of carrying a smaller gun, and that's fine. They know what they're doing.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I'm at my desk, at work reading this, XMacro AIWB, on a MM belt wearing an untucked shirt with a 642 in my right front pocket,
    When I go to PT one or two days a week for a strong side shoulder injury I forego the AIWB and just have the 642 in my pocket
    with a speed strip and an extra moon clip, I've been carrying here for 20 years and no one knows (or has said anything).
    I work in a very relaxed atmosphere, we're all like minded, likely no one would be shocked but, concealed means concealed,
    besides, who needs the bullshit.

User Tag List