Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime Down?

All this talk of crime reporting makes me jealous. Our local 911 still goes to voicemail with alarming regularity. To quote Ferris Bueller: “I have to envy your piece of shit crime reporting.”
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Nice explanation!

Whats your read on cities like Chicago, Philly, NYC, and these cities with very large homeless population and very large newly arrived illegal aliens?
    Not really something I can comment on with much more validity than a random drunk on a barstool. About the only thing I can say is that unreported crime numbers will almost certainly go up as homeless tend to resolve things inside the community if possible (homeless camps often have a 'mayor' that everyone agrees is the person in charge, loosely, and banishment is a common punishment for those who prey on the others. It's a surprisingly complex sub-culture sometimes. Sometimes it's just a bunch of strung out druggies taking turns dying of overdoses.) Illegals are great robbery targets, given they can't use banking and tend to not report crime either due to fear of police in general, language barrier, etc. So there may be a bigger chunk of crime that's not counted and unknowable as a result of those groups.

*However*, locally homeless violent crime is almost entirely against other homeless. They stab each other on occasion, mostly, and it's almost all downtown vs in the semi-official 'camps' outside of downtown. More mentally ill and completely strung out folks who have been banished from the larger communities, transients from the greyhound station, etc.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    The mainstream media desperately wants you to believe that crime is trending downward in the US. The exact opposite is true. Here are some facts.

https://crimeresearch.org/2024/04/th...-report-crime/
    So does the DOJ right?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    and who believes the FBI............omo.
    Me.

Who desperately wants to maintain outrage that violent crime is burning like NEVER BEFORE? The NRA and a big chunk of the 2A activists.

Take the win.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Well maybe not in your neck of the woods but up here in the NE and across the country , it's out of control and our local PD Blog posts incidents every month.....

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Crime stats can be fixed however the agency wants them to be. Need more money crimes up. Chief wants to look good crimes down. If they’re saying reported crime is down they’d be right.
    There it is.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    Well maybe not in your neck of the woods but up here in the NE and across the country , it's out of control and our local PD Blog posts incidents every month.....
    As someone in law-enforcement and who is old enough to remember the days before the amount of information we now have at our fingertips, was widely available, is crime really that much higher or are you just more aware of it because your PD now posts everything online making him more aware of it?

I do believe crime rates are up somewhat compared to the last 20 years, however, we also had a significant drop in crime during the 90s.

However, crime is still significantly lower than it was in the 70s 80s and early 1990s.

While things like catch and release bail reform and soft prosecutors are real issues, some crime issues are simply related to demographics and economics. If you have higher numbers of young males in the prime ages for crime, say 15 to 30, and/or the economy is bad you are going to have more crime regardless.

Site Supporter
    In the last five years, i.e. the Covid and post Covid era in my city. We’ve seen some increasing certain crimes:

- The biggest change has been a cultural shift among criminals, where there is an increased propensity to run from, fight with and shoot at police officers.

-next has been a significant increase in vehicle related property, crimes, Vehicle burglary, catalytic, converter, theft, and auto theft. This combined with the propensity for Texans to leave firearms and their vehicles has created a situation where one must now presume that criminals targeting vehicles are armed and will shoot at homeowners or police.

- The last may be anecdotal, but beginning during Covid to the present we’ve seen an increase in road rage incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

- The last may be anecdotal, but beginning during Covid to the present we’ve seen an increase in road rage incidents.
    That would make sense and tracks alongside the dramatic increase in assaults on aircraft cabin crew by unruly passengers.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    -next has been a significant increase in vehicle related property, crimes, Vehicle burglary, catalytic, converter, theft, and auto theft. This combined with the propensity for Texans to leave firearms and their vehicles has created a situation where one must now presume that criminals targeting vehicles are armed and will shoot at homeowners or police.

When I towed vehicles in the northeast you would be surprised at the rate I repossessed vehicles with firearms in them from affluent areas or even middle class areas. This was pre Covid. I’ve also without looking just got in a vehicle to tow it from a breakdown and their was a very nice gun just sitting on the passenger seat. I don’t get how people are so complacent with leaving guns in vehicles.

User Tag List