Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best brand and model of shot timer?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Do you have any particular requirements? For example, if you will regularly use the timer both by yourself and while you are on a busy range with other shooters, the PPII has much simpler sensitivity adjustment than the Pact. The PPII can also be used on an indoor range without picking up shots from other shooters, I don't think the Pact can be set low enough for use on a busy indoor range.
    Thanks to everyone for the replies. Unfortunately I shoot more on an indoor range than outdoors, so the sensitivity adjustment will be important to me. Aside from that, I don't have any unusual requirements. The indoor range where I shoot has separate pistol and rifle rooms, so I would be surprised if I ever have to deal with noise from a carbine. So far it sounds like both are solid choices but with different strengths and weaknesses.

The Pocket Pro 2 has adjustable sensitivity and adjustable shot dead time as separate features, With the dead time you can increase it to eliminate echos being recorded as shots or decrease it to pick up fast splits better.

I'm a pushin' that Pocket Pro 2 (sounds so nasty)

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Site Supporter
    One more vote for the pocket pro 11

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    The Pocket Pro 2 has adjustable sensitivity and adjustable shot dead time as separate features, With the dead time you can increase it to eliminate echos being recorded as shots or decrease it to pick up fast splits better.

I'm a pushin' that Pocket Pro 2 (sounds so nasty)

Gringop
    I definitely need to pick one up then. I've been using an iPhone shot timer and running a FAST usually registers 15-18 shots due to echoes. You can pick out the echoes but its less than optimum.

We are diminished
    There are no good shot timers on the market.

The least bad, in my experience, is the Pocket Pro II. This is especially true if you shoot indoors, as discussed above. The biggest negatives to the PP2:
    1. no memory, so once you hit the start button you've lost the chance to get info from previous runs, and
    2. intermittent buggy behavior where the settings won't change or will say one thing but actually be set for something else.

Site Supporter
    My apologies for the slow response. I decided to go with the Pocket Pro II. Hopefully it will be well-behaved.

I have a CED 7000 and I like it. However, the display is hard to read in bright sunlight which is kind of a pain.

User Tag List