Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BODY HUGGING KYDEX

BODY HUGGING KYDEX

Generally speaking, I carry metal pistols, mostly 1911’s in leather. A pancake style holster does a superb job of concealment, hugging the pistol super close to my side.
    I generally carry a polymer pistol IWB Kydex, all day, with just an untucked shirt, every day, at the office, with the excellent Vedder IWB.
    BUT, my question is, do any of you use an OWB Kydex holster that hugs your body as well as a leather pancake?
    Maybe it’s not out there, but if it is, please tell me. It will be carried at 3:30-4:00.
    Thanks,
    Skip
    Last edited by skipper49; 04-17-2024 at 01:49 AM.

Site Supporter
    I seem to be transitioning back to leather for OWB carry. I carry in the same position and it just works better for me. That said, I carry IWB in Kydex probably 80-90% of the time.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    Phlster Summit?

I’m quite happy with how a JMCK OWB2 conceals.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I have several of the JMCK OWB-1 and it is simply a Kydex pancake.

As others have stated, JMCK is probably your best bet. I see the original Raven Concealment Phantom is available at the moment - a great choice, but probably not worth the extra money over JMCK.

Another vote for JM Custom Kydex. I carry a P365 in an OWB2 and love it. It's a "taco" design rather than a pancake, like the OW1, but the loop design wraps subtly, and works very well. I suspect the OWB2 works better for lighter pistols than heavier, but takes up less belt real estate than the OWB1.

The only OWB holsters, other than a duty holster, that I have are an older Tenicor ARX and a PHLster Summit.

Tenicor ARX:
    Name:  IMG_2203.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2202.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  42.0 KB

PHLster Summit:
    Name:  IMG_2205.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  IMG_2204.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  46.5 KB

Site Supporter
    I have JMCK Rough Dogs for my semis. Works for me.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Personally, I have never found traditional leather pancake holsters in straight drop to be very body hugging at all. The loop slots simply don't bend enough for my body. The 55BN addresses some of this with a slot behind the gun vs. a belt slot in front of the gun.

Re: Kydex - for cant - I have found a simple raven perun to be very body hugging. The straight drop loops for the perun are awful though.

For straight drop, you need a loop in the front and the wing in the back to pull the butt of the gun in. I've had to mod holsters myself with aftermarket hardware to get it right.

The phlster summit looks awful - the front of the loop that is still kydex has to be 45 degree or more bent to make that hug your body or you will just have a hug piece of kydex sticking out before the tygris material bends (unless you are like 45+ waist)
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 04-17-2024 at 05:05 PM.

User Tag List