Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Set Up My Fanny Pack

Site Supporter

Help Me Set Up My Fanny Pack

I am reaching old man status, maybe not age but status.

Setting up fanny pack carry. Let me know what you suggest.

I got a Hill People Gear Snubby and have an JM Custom Enigma Shell coming for my Glock 42.

Planning to add pouches on the molle for 2 magazines.

Packing list is - reading glasses, lighter, 2 hand rolled cigarettes, 2 oz pepper spray, cinch pic, 2 mags, and the 42.

If I end up stabbing or shooting something I’ll need some nicotine to chill the f out.

I was thinking about fixing up the zipper pulls with some shrink tubing, maybe putting red shrink tube on the gun zipper.

Name:  IMG_6130.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  53.0 KB

Site Supporter
    I'm a big fan of the BFG 10 Speed mag pouches for applications like this. They go flat when not loaded, the HW attachments weigh nothing, and they will fit a variety of things. They are one of the most versatile options out there for this type of use.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Site Supporter
    You probably already planned to do this but stick some of the hook portion of Velcro to the back of the Enigma. The holster will then stick nicely to the loop portion that is already in the gun pocket. The biggest reason to do this is to retain the gun if the side zipper becomes unzipped.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Is there room for a TQ?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Timely, as I was pondering what to put into my shoulder bag just this week. For me it'd be a bag I can sling for road trips or to bring in the truck while running around. I like the list you have, mine is like yours. including spare mag, POM spray.

Possible additions:

- AAA light
    - Nitrile gloves (4)
    - Car window breaker (I use: Resqme The Original Emergency Keychain Car Escape Tool, 2-in-1 Seatbelt Cutter and Window Breaker)
    - 2x2's/boo-boo kit
    - Medical Israeli Emergency Bandage 4"
    - TQ North American Rescue 30-0001-BLK Military Issue
    - Sharpie
    - Prestige Medical Fluoride Scissor, Black, 7 1/2 Inch
    - North American Rescue Hyfin Vent Chest Seal (twin pack)
    - QuikClot Advanced Clotting Gauze

I use my snubby bag for the gym and usually when I'm out in the yard. It has a 442 in the gun pocket. Flashlight, swiss army knife, and pom spray in the left side of the middle pocket. Tourniquet in the right side of the middle pocket. Left front pocket has a speed strip. Random bandaids in the right front pocket. There's room for my wallet and car keys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Is there room for a TQ?
    I think the Snubby Bag is too tight for a TQ/medical. Maybe next to the magazines. Maybe TQ instead of Pepper Spray.

I'll get it loaded up and report back.

I got a notification in for when a standard size Hill People fanny in a color I want.

I keep medical in my Mystery Ranch backpack which I typically walk out the door with but not on rucks or around the yard.

Medical takes priority over spare mags, IMO, even if it's just a minimalist setup. You might be able to fit a Phokus "Shield" in your main pouch next to the gun, if you want a minimalist off-the-shelf solution. It fits in my Runner's kit bag...I'm not sure how much smaller the Snubby is.

Additionally, literally everything listed by everyone in this thread takes priority over smoking.

A couple things you should be able to fit on the outside. You can probably put your OC spray in a pouch on the outside affixed to the straps. Or, use a pocket clip OC to carry it in your waistband. You could probably affix a small flashlight to the outside as well, or even just put a small flashlight on a zipper pull such as the Olight iMini2 or Streamlight PocketMate.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    2 hand rolled cigarettes
    I feel like the loosies would quickly fall apart and be a real pain to smoke, while getting the tobacco everywhere, if you're not regularly rotating in new cigs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I feel like the loosies would quickly fall apart and be a real pain to smoke, while getting the tobacco everywhere, if you're not regularly rotating in new cigs.
    They fit in a Preserve Toothpick container. I might have to roll up the light end and rotate.

I am not a regular smoker but my world changes for the net positive with some nicotine. It could be just the ritual of stopping and spending a moment burning something.

Name:  IMG_6132.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  93.4 KB

Cigarettes are medical - mental health. Calming so I can fix problems.

But point taken. I have some medical stuff I been trying to fit in my chainsaw kit.

Thanks for the help gentleman.

User Tag List