Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me Set Up My Fanny Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

I am not a regular smoker but my world changes for the net positive with some nicotine. It could be just the ritual of stopping and spending a moment burning something...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter

You reminded me of a memory from back in 2002 or 2003, walking back to my place from Rico’s Pub in Pullman Washington.

It was 2am plus, I think we closed the place down and it was winter with snow on the ground, temps in the teens probably, maybe single digits.

I am cutting through this office park and I get this idea to warm up around a fire, I strip the dead branches off the Ponderosa Pine trees and set up a fire like Tom Brown taught me. I am about 20 minutes in and a police cruiser rolls up and tells me to move along. I pile snow on the burning sticks and continue my walk home.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    You reminded me of a memory from back in 2002 or 2003, walking back to my place from Rico’s Pub in Pullman Washington.

It was 2am plus, I think we closed the place down and it was winter with snow on the ground, temps in the teens probably, maybe single digits.

I am cutting through this office park and I get this idea to warm up around a fire, I strip the dead branches off the Ponderosa Pine trees and set up a fire like Tom Brown taught me. I am about 20 minutes in and a police cruiser rolls up and tells me to move along. I pile snow on the burning sticks and continue my walk home.
    I’ve closed that place down, too. Can’t say as that I set anything on fire on the way home though…

🤔
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    I'm a big fan of the BFG 10 Speed mag pouches for applications like this. They go flat when not loaded, the HW attachments weigh nothing, and they will fit a variety of things. They are one of the most versatile options out there for this type of use.
    This. They work great for pens, markers, flashlights, all kinds of tools. Very light and low-volume.

Others may feel like this is weird, but I would carry the blade or OC separate from the bag. I have a nagging thought, "What if I get separated from the bag?"

May not be rational, but thought I would put it out there.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Site Supporter
    The Snubby Bag is tight.

Waiting for the Enigma Shell but Glock 42, two mags, two vacuum packed gauze for medical, sub 2 inch blade, and a lighter seems to fill it.

The 2 oz Fox Pepper Spray is a no go inside the bag.

Got some cordage to update the zipper pulls coming as well.

Any one have suggestions for pouch to hand things off the underside molle?

I run with a g19 in my snubby. It's pretty much just a holster. Med stuff quickly makes it 2 bulky. I do keep a Swiss army knife and a bic lighter in it as well. And some foam earplugs.

With that set up I can fit my phone and keys in it when needed.

I keep my g19 in the main compartment with a trigger guard holster tied to a loop.

I also have a 4" 550 cord braid on one of the zippers. That's the gun zipper. All the other pockets I leave the zippers on the other side.
    Name:  Screenshot_20230706-175806.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  28.1 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List