Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: G19- still the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I’ve had zero problems getting OEM Glock parts cheap on eBay for the last few years. Hundreds and hundreds of small shops.
    Same here as far as sourcing parts, local shop always has them in stock as well as Midway. I have never "not" been able to get an OEM part.

Even as an armorer, it's always been easier to pick up parts locally, than dealing with ordering direct. It's worth paying a few dollars more to support brick and mortar and avoid the hassle.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I have a Gen5 G19 set up with an SCS MOS and a TLR7 for two reasons. First, it's the only pistol in my shrinking stable that my wife has any interest in shooting. Secondly, it's the pistol that I believe will be most reliable for the longest time if I have to run it hard, continuously, with minimal maintenance. AND, if anything breaks, it takes 5 minutes or less to detail strip, replace parts, and reassemble.

I spend darn near no time with it, because it hurts to shoot well (amount of grip strength needed and grip angle combine to make it very uncomfortable for me), and it's WAY harder to shoot at a high level than darn near anything else I've used.

The M&P2.0 Compact and the P10C are, for me, both vastly product improved G19s, but both are more complex, and have a much smaller logistical "pipeline" if you want/need to replace parts, etc. The M&P has a marginal at best trigger, but you can APEX that. It also has a useable (not great, but useable) manual safety, which I find very comforting. The P10C is the polymer striker pistol that gave me my best ever 25 yard groups, consistently approaching what I could do with a good 1911 and tuned match ammunition. But, the trigger is funky (I got a lot of trigger slap), it's close to a snowflake as far as finding parts/accessories, and it looks like CZ is going to switch it out with something new in the near future, so I wouldn't invest a bunch of money in that platform right now.

I wouldn't use a P320 on a bet for anything but range toy purposes, and, even then, I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

My "all day every day" solution now is the P365 family - smallest configuration for pocket/hot weather IWB, the XL for all other carry needs. I haven't jumped onto the Macro bandwagon yet, because my "shoot on the range" fun gun is still a Prodigy (don't hate). BUT, there are enough really smart/talented shooters on this forum that think the Macro is up there in shootability...
    Well said. Do I prefer the M&P line over the Glock line? Yes, by just a smidge. But there's a reason I still own just as many Glocks. They're an excellent platform and their logistical support is utterly dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’d still like to learn more about the P250, I remember when they were new and hit the gun rags. I know there are at least two major generations and (knowing SIG) about 32,871 running production changes. Does the P250 FCG work with the Wilson Combat grip modules?
    I believe someone answered this already but I think the answer is yes. I do not own one, sadly. I had trigger time on one before I ever really appreciated the benefits of a good DAO system. They always struck the same chord with me as the SP2022. Not too many models, not too complicated, and that helped keep the quality consistent.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I’d still like to learn more about the P250, I remember when they were new and hit the gun rags. I know there are at least two major generations and (knowing SIG) about 32,871 running production changes. Does the P250 FCG work with the Wilson Combat grip modules?
    Much like a Kahr trigger. No stack, no wall. Way better than LEM.

To me an ideal carry trigger

But ya know competition, internet, gun forums etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

I seem to recall it was very revolver-like, there’s no riding the reset with a P250. Or am I misremembering?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

Lem isn't a dao.. if you run it like a Dao I can get why people think it sucks.

I seem to recall it was very revolver-like, there’s no riding the reset with a P250. Or am I misremembering?
    you are correct. P250 was an excellent trigger if you like true DAO. Unfortunately SIG QC and the roll out of the 250 in .40 to the FAMS was a disaster and the bad PR kind of helped kill off the p250. But I really liked the few 9mm examples I shot. Wish I had grabbed one.

"Lem isn't a dao.. if you run it like a Dao I can get why people think it sucks."

I was issued a LEM (USPc), and I still own an LEM (P2000sk). And I do think the trigger sucks. I can run it, but it is my least favorite. The guns are extremely reliable, but with the way i like to shoot, and the feel of the reset and the wall? "Meh" at best. I am surprised it gets as much love as it does. Maybe one day i will get bored and try to run the LEM and love it. Maybe.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    you are correct. P250 was an excellent trigger if you like true DAO. Unfortunately SIG QC and the roll out of the 250 in .40 to the FAMS was a disaster and the bad PR kind of helped kill off the p250. But I really liked the few 9mm examples I shot. Wish I had grabbed one.

"Lem isn't a dao.. if you run it like a Dao I can get why people think it sucks."

I was issued a LEM (USPc), and I still own an LEM (P2000sk). And I do think the trigger sucks. I can run it, but it is my least favorite. The guns are extremely reliable, but with the way i like to shoot, and the feel of the reset and the wall? "Meh" at best. I am surprised it gets as much love as it does. Maybe one day i will get bored and try to run the LEM and love it. Maybe.
    I suspect the only way a P250 follows me home is if one falls in my lap for cheap.

I’ve learned to love LEM, especially after respringing and adding GG’s flat trigger and short reset kit. This totally changes the pistol for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post

Factory lem leaves a lot to desire. Couple spring changes and gray guns short reset kit for 90 dollars gives you a very workable trigger. V2 lem guns (most people were issued p2000s) are in the 8lb range. If you get it down to 5lbs and a short reset it runs like a striker. There is a compromise in everything, the LEM was popular because it is an extremely safe trigger to live with. I have tried twice to move away from lem but I rather be safer training from appendix and carry everyday then having an easier to shoot trigger.

I won't hijack this thread but I think people discredit lem because it isn't something they get and the factory triggers leave a lot to be desired. But what do I know, people are fine with a shit ton of beretta trigger work to make the da/sa more usable, apply that to lem and the entire system sucks.

Shot a light LEM for a bit and struggled…… that being said,”

If the new slim HK came with an exposed hammer and LEM I would buy 3

Oh and also why wouldn’t the 19 be the standard? If nothing else its the most common and most universal reference.

I will always have at least one Glock 19, currently a Gen 5, and will probably get a Gen 6 when it comes out. I think even today when many other striker pistols have probably caught up to it and even surpassed it in some areas. I would still trust a Glock 19 to be more reliable out of the box over other striker fired pistols, after buying it new at a gun shop, leaving the gun shop, loading the mags, no oiling it, sticking it in the holster and betting my life on it. I prefer to have a SCD on ll my striker fired pistols first if possible or second to have a manual thumb safety on it.

Last edited by Biggy; 04-18-2024 at 02:14 PM.

User Tag List