Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: G19- still the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    It did not pass FBI’s testing, but has passed testing conducted by other agencies.
    Just curious did any "slim line" 9mm pass FBI testing? (Shield, 43/48 series, etc)

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Just curious did any "slim line" 9mm pass FBI testing? (Shield, 43/48 series, etc)

thanks
    43 and 43X (after multiple tries/design changes). I don’t know that the Shield was ever tested.

thanks
    For a gun that was out 5 years before the p365... I'm surprised the shield doesn't get more duty love by agencies. You rarely, if ever, hear of problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Are agents required to buy a specific sku # directly from Sig?
    There is a list of specific SKUs but it’s basically the entire P365 catalogue of the Sig Armed Professional Program (their Blue Label equivalent). The guns need to have the “W” at the front of the SKU denoting they were Sig APP guns but they can be sourced from anywhere. I’ve bought a gun from Proven Outfitters but there’s an Sig APP dealer in my city that I might contact when I decide to buy a Macro. I’m not even sure if an individual could order directly from Sig if they wanted to.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    43 and 43X (after multiple tries/design changes). I don’t know that the Shield was ever tested.
    But didn't the 43 series have lowered standards even after "upgrades"?

But didn't the 43 series have lowered standards even after "upgrades"?
    The testing for the POWs involve less rounds than the testing for the duty gun (19M).

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    There is a list of specific SKUs but it’s basically the entire P365 catalogue of the Sig Armed Professional Program (their Blue Label equivalent). The guns need to have the “W” at the front of the SKU denoting they were Sig APP guns but they can be sourced from anywhere. I’ve bought a gun from Proven Outfitters but there’s an Sig APP dealer in my city that I might contact when I decide to buy a Macro. I’m not even sure if an individual could order directly from Sig if they wanted to.
    That's a fair point. Probably the better question is, are the guns the same as the ones a regular Joe picks up at a Cabelas or do they have better sourced parts and better qa/qc, etc.?

A few years back, a friend of mine invited me to the gun show and a subsequent lunch with one of the guys who worked at Altoona and I ***think*** worked on the original acquisition (could be wrong). He was a cool guy and definitely liked the company. Mr. Cohen this. Mr. Cohen that. Very respectful and formal...nothing bad to say. But when I asked him something similar to the above question he just smiled and that was that.

For a gun that was out 5 years before the p365... I'm surprised the shield doesn't get more duty love by agencies. You rarely, if ever, hear of problems with it.
    Shield/plus shoots much softer than 43 series and 365x also

My two problems with the shields is short grip with 10 round mag and small trigger guard especially with plus

Site Supporter
    Is the 43x less "problematic"?
    No. IMHO the reliability issues with the 43, 43x and 48 stem from use of the G43 RSA and the grip being too small for many to get a solid grip on.

If anything the 43x is snappier and harder to shoot well than the 48.

That's a fair point. Probably the better question is, are the guns the same as the ones a regular Joe picks up at a Cabelas or do they have better sourced parts and better qa/qc, etc.?

A few years back, a friend of mine invited me to the gun show and a subsequent lunch with one of the guys who worked at Altoona and I ***think*** worked on the original acquisition (could be wrong). He was a cool guy and definitely liked the company. Mr. Cohen this. Mr. Cohen that. Very respectful and formal...nothing bad to say. But when I asked him something similar to the above question he just smiled and that was that.
    Per the Sig website, the SIG Professional Program (I guess they’ve changed the name) is available to the qualified individuals listed below, with approved purchaser ID:

-Active-duty military with an active-duty identification
    -Retired military with retired military credentials
    -Honorably discharged veterans (requires DD214 or Veteran designation on state-issued ID)
    -Active reservists with military identification
    -Active national guard with military identification
    -Corrections officer (including parole and probation officers)
    -Sworn law enforcement officers (including federal, state, and county)
    -Retired law enforcement officers with “retired” credentials
    -Active or retired law enforcement with official agency credentials
    -Court officers with official agency credentials or official documentation
    -State / County / City Coroners with official agency credentials or official documentation
    -Full time first responders with current credentials or official documentation
    -EMT’s, Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, and Paramedics.

That covers a large number of potential purchasers. As to whether the “W” SKU guns have better QC or use parts from different vendors than the normal commercial guns, I haven’t a clue.

User Tag List