Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: G19- still the standard?

It’s a replacement backplate that essentially gives you a “hammer” to thumb down during reholstering. It pivots outward as the striker initially retracts during the trigger press.
    https://langdontactical.com/glock-st...ol-device-scd/

I bought into the M&P’s. My first one wasn’t too bad then I bought one ready for an optic and started throwing Apex parts in them. They finally came out with the 2.0’s and I bought two compacts, sold both of the 1.0’s and thought I finally had THE ONE, or two of them. Wound up spending more money with Apex to get a better trigger and thought I was there until I shot my buddy’s Glock 19.

I shot his box stock Glock better than my Apex’d 2.0’s. When the Gen 5 Glock caught my eye I bought one and then another. Next thing I knew I sold my M&P’s and had replaced them with Glock’s and I’ve never looked back. I just shoot them better.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’d still like to learn more about the P250, I remember when they were new and hit the gun rags. I know there are at least two major generations and (knowing SIG) about 32,871 running production changes. Does the P250 FCG work with the Wilson Combat grip modules?
    A p250 fcu will fit wilson grip modules

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Sorry for the tangent, but I don’t understand why an individual would limit their choice based on its “logistical pipeline” in 2024. It’s not a challenge to get small parts for any of the big name firearms. If you’re concerned about hard times, then stock up ahead of time. :shrug:
    GLOCK hasn't sold any replacement parts for anything since COVID started. Not even through LE distributors. Took me a couple of weeks to find the parts to add a manual safety to my M&P. Haven't even looked for parts for a P10 lately, but when I was shooting my S2 OR, took me several months to find an RMR optic plate, and ended up having to buy it from a European vendor.

So, call me crazy, but I think parts availability is still a thing. Of course, I'm also CHEAP, on an ever-shrinking fixed budges, and won't pay "Glock Store" $30 for a $5 part (plus shipping), so maybe I'm my own worst enemy.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Sorry for the tangent, but I don’t understand why an individual would limit their choice based on its “logistical pipeline” in 2024. It’s not a challenge to get small parts for any of the big name firearms. If you’re concerned about hard times, then stock up ahead of time. :shrug:
    Because it means I don't have to spend a bunch of extra money on holsters, magazines, tools like sight pushers, etc.

It's not about availability, it's about price. I only have so much time/money to throw at guns these days, my goal is for as much of my gun $$ to go to range fees/ammo as possible.

And in counter point, what is the gain? Another plastic gun that probably won't be all that different?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    GLOCK hasn't sold any replacement parts for anything since COVID started. Not even through LE distributors. Took me a couple of weeks to find the parts to add a manual safety to my M&P. Haven't even looked for parts for a P10 lately, but when I was shooting my S2 OR, took me several months to find an RMR optic plate, and ended up having to buy it from a European vendor.

So, call me crazy, but I think parts availability is still a thing. Of course, I'm also CHEAP, on an ever-shrinking fixed budges, and won't pay "Glock Store" $30 for a $5 part (plus shipping), so maybe I'm my own worst enemy.
    I’ve had zero problems getting OEM Glock parts cheap on eBay for the last few years. Hundreds and hundreds of small shops.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I’ve had zero problems getting OEM Glock parts cheap on eBay for the last few years. Hundreds and hundreds of small shops.
    "OEM"

Not sure how much I trust EBay sourced items myself unless I know the specific seller to be legit

In my area we are only allowed two guns on our permits, and I spend most my time shooting those. They cover my needs pretty well anyway:

1) For normal errands, outings, etc where it's just me or me and my wife, P365 X-Macro (with normal XL slide). I'm pretty happy with the comfort/capability/shootability compromise for "EDC"

2) For large format events, or if we might have some longer-term and more groups-oriented times of unrest (i.e. another 2020) I keep the G19.5 on my permit as my "level up" gun. With the LTT grip anchor it stands in for a G45, and I just trust it (more than the Sig) to be reliable for long hard use without maintenance, malfunctions, rust, or breakage (and it's much easier to fix if something does break).

I'd say yes, G19 is still my standard. I can't see myself ever dropping it from a very short list of go-to options. Before the 365XL/Macro came along the "small" gun on my permit was a bigger compromise and the Sig has cut into the G19's use for EDC, but it can't displace the G19 as a hard use tool.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I went down to Florida to do an interdiction with BCSO SID (can't remember the specific unit in SID, the coin I got is just for SID).

I had no idea how crazily overdressed I'd be for wearing a white linen shirt and jeans, and it's not even like we were working in a trailer park. Literally all the detectives with us looked like white trash. Basketball shorts, oversized t's with worn out collars, etc.
    You had to hide your pale gringo legs under something. FWIW you were dressed for a high end party in Palm Beach, say at James Patterson's house. Next time, I'd recommend "Canadian tourist." LLBean or Land's End shorts and T-shirt, souvenir ballcap from Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming, and this is key, you must wear socks.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I went down to Florida to do an interdiction with BCSO SID (can't remember the specific unit in SID, the coin I got is just for SID).

I had no idea how crazily overdressed I'd be for wearing a white linen shirt and jeans, and it's not even like we were working in a trailer park. Literally all the detectives with us looked like white trash. Basketball shorts, oversized t's with worn out collars, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You had to hide your pale gringo legs under something. FWIW you were dressed for a high end party in Palm Beach, say at James Patterson's house. Next time, I'd recommend "Canadian tourist." LLBean or Land's End shorts and T-shirt, souvenir ballcap from Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming, and this is key, you must wear socks.
    Largely depends on what part of Florida. The state is, sociologically, at least two distinctly different areas (Tampa/Orlando/Daytona make a line across the state) and arguably three (south of Orlando, Orlando corridor, north of corridor and up to panhandle).

Particularly within the SE area, racial, country-of-origin, and other demographics further break things down.

On-topic, I think the fact that one can carry a G19 in any of those outfits is part of the appeal, as well as the fact that if a costume change allows for a larger frame or requires a smaller one, you can do it all with the exact same holster and spare mag(s).

There may well be other "platforms" or "systems" that can do the same but I've kinda not ever seen any reason for looking into it too deeply.

it's kinda like Android (everything else) vs Apple (Glock) phones. The former are always busy explaining why their choice is as good or better while the latter just keep rocking on wondering what the counterpart is blathering on about.

Name:  376227244_288149853973479_6055010401094369964_n.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  43.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List