Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1911 Milling, BUIS & Compact Red Dot Choices

Site Supporter
    I personally have no experience with them but, have read good things about a company called Green Tick Tacticle, their pricing and turn around certainly looks reasonable. I'm interested in having my Stingray milled.

Was reading the .32 vs .38 thread and @GJM mentioned D&L sights for the j frame. I went to the website and saw he does red dot milling.

https://www.dlsports.com/red-dot-sig...1-pistols.html

Somehow he's figured out how to mill a slide for a full size RMR/SRO without using the Trijicon plate:

"Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I'm unable to tell, is this a full size RMR or the RMRcc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I'm unable to tell, is this a full size RMR or the RMRcc?

From the width, I’m pretty sure that’s a RMRcc. Stick an IRDS on that and drive on.

I still like RMR and RMRcc…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Was reading the .32 vs .38 thread and @GJM mentioned D&L sights for the j frame. I went to the website and saw he does red dot milling.

https://www.dlsports.com/red-dot-sig...1-pistols.html

Somehow he's figured out how to mill a slide for a full size RMR/SRO without using the Trijicon plate:

Found the order form, couldn't find the price list or description of footprints. Is this a call to get the price thing?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    Found the order form, couldn't find the price list or description of footprints. Is this a call to get the price thing?
    I sent him an e-mail. Quoted $375/slide, but I mentioned I had 4 slides I wanted to (eventually) put dots on.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I personally have no experience with them but, have read good things about a company called Green Tick Tacticle, their pricing and turn around certainly looks reasonable. I'm interested in having my Stingray milled.
    Maybe read their Facebook reviews first.
    I sent them a slide. USPS tracking said they got it Feb 26. I finally got it back April 12. Not at all the 2-3 weeks they said. Their communication in that time was terrible; they won’t answer the phone, or return calls or emails.

The price was good and the work seems good too, but I was starting to think I’d need to buy a new slide. I had them mill for an EPS Carry, which fits well. The cut is so tight that a Romeo X won’t fit, even though it’s supposed to be the same cut.
    My slide was cut for an LPS adjustable sight, so they had to cut deep. It’s so deep that there’s no way to make a BUIS work. I like it so far.

User Tag List