Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 mos iron sights

Glock 19 mos iron sights

Looking for a set of iron sights (I prefer black front and black rear for back up irons but can be swayed) to go a gen 5 glock 19 mos.

Gun will have an eps carry or 407k on a DPP plate that everyone has recommended. What sights would be give me a lower 1/3 or even lower cowitness ?

The DPP off amazon was suggested by quite a few people so that is what I am rolling with.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Looking for a set of iron sights (I prefer black front and black rear for back up irons but can be swayed) to go a gen 5 glock 19 mos.

Gun will have an eps carry or 407k on a DPP plate that everyone has recommended. What sights would be give me a lower 1/3 or even lower cowitness ?

The DPP off amazon was suggested by quite a few people so that is what I am rolling with.
    Ameriglo 429 is the easy button.

I’ve had good luck with Dawson.

RMR: Dawson .335 Rear .330 Front
    SRO: Dawson .360 Rear .370 Front
    You can use the .335/.330 on the SRO, but your irons will barely be there and since the SRO has more window, the .360 has worked well

.335 height rear and .330 height front also works well with the ACRO and various Holosuns. You have to order the front site and the rear site separately, but it gives a little nicer picture than the Ameri-glo.

Check out this thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....e-sights-setup
    Last edited by HCM; 04-14-2024 at 11:40 AM.

Glock 19.5 MOS
    DPP plate
    Ameriglo GL 453 sights
    Holosun EPS

They are probably lower "1/8". No idea how the deck height compares between the 407k and EPS.

I was toying with the idea of building a Roland-like pistol, so I got suppressor-height Trijicon sights with a black rear for my Gen5 G19 MOS.

https://www.trijicon.com/products/de...gl201-c-601136

Not sure if I'll go full Roland, but the sights are amazing. You could probably rack the slide off of someone'e eye socket should the need arise.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I’m running 10-8 rear w/ a .215 front (Warren tactical that I had) on both a G19 w/ eps carry and a G47 w/ EPS both with the titanium DPP plate. I believe the deck height of the eps sits a touch lower than a 407k, but would probably work just fine for the 407k as well. https://www.10-8performance.com/gloc...andard-height/
    Name:  IMG_2639.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  53.7 KB
    ETA: deck height is the same for eps & eps carry.
    Last edited by Chefdog; 04-14-2024 at 02:26 PM.

Name:  20240414_132826.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  25.4 KBName:  20240414_132859.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  61.3 KB

This is the GL453 and DPP plate combo

I wanted orange front and night sights so I went with Ameriglo Trooper's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I wanted orange front and night sights so I went with Ameriglo Trooper's.
    Even though that is one of my preferred set ups for an irons only gun, I kind of hate it on an RDS gun.

In fact, I hate night sites on an RDS gun period.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Even though that is one of my preferred set ups for an irons only gun, I kind of hate it on an RDS gun.

In fact, I hate night sites on an RDS gun period.
    Same. The last thing I want on my BUIS is something to draw my eye.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I really like the Ameriglo sights on my G19 MOS……….

Really.

User Tag List