Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing different Gen mags in Glocks?

Cool, thanks @WDR!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is it just the 19X or the G45 as well? My preferred pusher is under the impression the floor plate has to be changed or modified for G5 mags to be used in any earlier gen 17/19.
    It’s just the G19X. Every other doublestack Glock can use any of the mags of its caliber provided that you’re using a right handed mag catch for the mags that don’t have the ambidextrous cuts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    It’s just the G19X. Every other doublestack Glock can use any of the mags of its caliber provided that you’re using a right handed mag catch for the mags that don’t have the ambidextrous cuts.
    This ^^^

Having shot a Glock 17 since 1989. I will tell you that there have been substantial improvements in Glock factory magazines over the past 30 years.

If I were running an older Glock, a generation 1-4, for anything serious, I would prefer to use the current Gen 5 magazines. They are the product of 30 years of lessons learned and engineering refinement.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    ... you’re using a right handed mag catch for the mags that don’t have the ambidextrous cuts.
    This is the only catch (pun intended).

User Tag List