Thread: Taurus TH45

Site Supporter

Taurus TH45

Anyone have experience with this model? Pros and cons. @jetfire

PS: Asking for a friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary104 View Post
    Anyone have experience with this model? Pros and cons. @jetfire

PS: Asking for a friend!
    I have less than a box through my personal gun, but I've shot testers extensively at events and in Bainbridge, and it's been reliable. Think of it like an HK USP45 for the people

Site Supporter
    After all the good reports, a jetfire’s testing, I tend to trust the .38 Taurus revolvers. If the TH series were to be as reliable and durable, then they would be a tempting option.

Edit to add:

I don’t know that they aren’t as reliable as the 856 series, just that I haven’t seen much one way or the other.

Site Supporter
    Thanks Caleb.

Site Supporter
    I just looked up the typical street price on these, and discovered they make a TH10 10mm... Pic rail, ambi, 15+1 with two mags, captive dual recoil spring USP style, and it's cheaper than a base model blue label Glock if you shop around!
    Different pics show the front sight as a Glock-style-ish thread in, and other pics show it a dovetail. @jetfire can you clarify what the TH10 and TH45 have in that regard? How does the TH10 take to full house 10mm?

The gun-dude rules state that once a year we're allowed to buy one really pointless gun we don't need out of nothing more than sheer curiosity, right?
    It's like Taurus engineers were trolling HKPro for what updates everyone wanted to see in the USP45, and a hypothetical USP10.

Reading all that back it sounds like I'm going full fanboy, but really I'm just surprised, and impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I just looked up the typical street price on these, and discovered they make a TH10 10mm... Pic rail, ambi, 15+1 with two mags, captive dual recoil spring USP style, and it's cheaper than a base model blue label Glock if you shop around!
    Different pics show the front sight as a Glock-style-ish thread in, and other pics show it a dovetail. @jetfire can you clarify what the TH10 and TH45 have in that regard? How does the TH10 take to full house 10mm?

The gun-dude rules state that once a year we're allowed to buy one really pointless gun we don't need out of nothing more than sheer curiosity, right?
    It's like Taurus engineers were trolling HKPro for what updates everyone wanted to see in the USP45, and a hypothetical USP10.

Reading all that back it sounds like I'm going full fanboy, but really I'm just surprised, and impressed.
    The sights are in fact Glock style sights, both for the TH45 and the TH10. Earlier models, the TH9 and TH40 had our own proprietary sights

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The sights are in fact Glock style sights, both for the TH45 and the TH10. Earlier models, the TH9 and TH40 had our own proprietary sights
    You mean to say, I can buy aftermarket sights for a Glock 20 or 21 and they drop right into one of these?

Seems like a ton of well-thought-out pistol for basically $450ish out the door. Rad!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    You mean to say, I can buy aftermarket sights for a Glock 20 or 21 and they drop right into one of these?

Seems like a ton of well-thought-out pistol for basically $450ish out the door. Rad!
    That is correct

The little kid in me reads and pronounces the TH45 as "The Thauruth" 45.

Please forgive me.

User Tag List