Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal Punch - New variant for Hellcats

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    According to the recent SA advertising magazine that arrived last week, claimed MV is 1070 in the 3” Hellcat and 1120 in the Pro. The author measured 1094 and 1122 out of his guns.

I wonder what it is out of a G19?
    The "regular" Punch in 9mm has a listed muzzle velocity of 1150 fps from a 4" test barrel.

https://www.federalpremium.com/handg.../11-PD9P1.html

Since the Hellcat Pro has a 3.7" barrel, my guess is it's the exact same ammo in different boxes.

But, the Hellcat ammo is a dollar less for 20 rounds.

https://www.federalpremium.com/handg...1-PD9P1SA.html

I'm not buying it till my gun in on the box.

So, there are enough Hellcats out there for this to be a thing? I never would have guessed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    So, there are enough Hellcats out there for this to be a thing? I never would have guessed.
    This is a marketing collaboration to sell a few boxes to existing and new Hellcat owners

Punch tested in G43 and performed great fyi

Site Supporter
    Name:  4.8.24chrono.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  32.9 KB

This being my most recent chronograph readings, but should relatively represent my point. 4.3" Beretta barrel vs 3.1" P365 barrel. Bold is average velocity, and to the right is the advertised velocity. Percentage is the read last week versus the advertised. I'll use it to compare since I believe the 365 and Hellcat have the same barrel length, and that Beretta barrel will chronograph more like 4" of other make. Doing that math, 1070 is 93% of the 1150 box velocity on the other Punch. I might speculate downloaded a bit, but I'm absolutely not comparing the same ammo to the same gun, being as I ain't got no data on it. The Punch did average 1169 from my Centurion, but that's the only gun I was using that day.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Someone really needs to have a sit down with Federal's marketing department. Did they not learn anything from .30SC?
    Or 9mm Federal?
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Velocity - Punch 1150 fps, Punch Hellcat 1070 fps.

"Ideal ... velocity for flawless function"
    Except that the reasons for less than flawless function don't have to do with ammo specs.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....79#post1571179
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Damn it! I just got rid of my Hellcat Pro in favor of the Macro. Now I have to wait for Macro ammo to come out

Why'd you got rid of the HCP for the XMacro? I looked to see if you had another thread on that, because asking in this thread is a bit off topic. But you didn't discuss it anywhere else, so I'll ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Damn it! I just got rid of my Hellcat Pro in favor of the Macro. Now I have to wait for Macro ammo to come out

User Tag List